September Security Update is Live

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The September Security Update is now being pushed to the Verizon Galaxy Note Edge.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2016-10-18-12-37-59.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2016-10-18-12-37-59.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What does this update do? Is it just a security patch or anything new added? My Note Edge is rooted so I'm not sure if I want to update. Mine is on May 1 update.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm on T-Mobile

Last edited:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
What does this update do? Is it just a security patch or anything new added? My Note Edge is rooted so I'm not sure if I want to update. Mine is on May 1 update.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm on T-Mobile

No problem, but if you are curious anyway, this is the changelog according to Phone Arena:
"If you've been very curious to know what the upcoming Security Maintenance Release (SMR) is supposed to patch, Samsung has you covered. It looks like there are no less than 66 patches coming directly from Google, whereas Samsung has found 9 vulnerabilities of its own and decided to patch them as well. One security issues in particular is detailed by Samsung, which might affect the SystemUI. According to the official changelog, a vulnerability has been reported in June, which exists due to a null pointer dereference on fimg2d driver. The September security patch should fix this issues, along with the other 8 that Samsung has found in its products."

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No problem, but if you are curious anyway, this is the changelog according to Phone Arena:
"If you've been very curious to know what the upcoming Security Maintenance Release (SMR) is supposed to patch, Samsung has you covered. It looks like there are no less than 66 patches coming directly from Google, whereas Samsung has found 9 vulnerabilities of its own and decided to patch them as well. One security issues in particular is detailed by Samsung, which might affect the SystemUI. According to the official changelog, a vulnerability has been reported in June, which exists due to a null pointer dereference on fimg2d driver. The September security patch should fix this issues, along with the other 8 that Samsung has found in its products."
Nice, thank you. Hopefully T-Mobile releases this soon as well.