Anybody else pre-order their Galaxy Note Pro 12.2?

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the 32GB version. Should be delivered on the 14th via Amazon (overnight).

I know there's plenty of folks not interested in a large expensive android tablet. But I'm actually rather intrigued by this form factor. Thin, relatively light weight (for it's size), nice large high-res screen, long battery life, portable, etc. I think it would be great for videos, surfing, e-mail, and even playing some games. You know, media consumption with a little productivity on the side when I'm not sitting at my workstation or don't feel like lugging around my 15" notebook.

I've had plenty of ultrabooks and 7-10" tablets, but obviously nothing quite like this. So I'm interested to see how it works out with some real world usage.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived Wednesday, case hopefully in next couple of days, all l can really say its big and as my first Samsung tablet its taken me a bit of time together my head round it I will say its still quite easy to hold one handed. Old nexus 10 goes to new owner today so there's no going back.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived Wednesday, case hopefully in next couple of days, all l can really say its big and as my first Samsung tablet its taken me a bit of time together my head round it I will say its still quite easy to hold one handed. Old nexus 10 goes to new owner today so there's no going back.

How are you liking it? Does it perform well or does it have the occasional hiccup/stutter?

Posted via Android Central App

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
How are you liking it? Does it perform well or does it have the occasional hiccup/stutter?

I haven't noticed any stuttering but haven't really put it through its paces yet, that's what the weekends for.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My first thought is "What about a case and screen protector?"

Sent from my Plutonium 5s 64

I'm personally not big on screen protectors, although I'm sure the usual stuff will be available. But I've already found a couple cases on Amazon, some already in stock. Plus Samsung has their book cover, not to mention the nifty Logitech keyboard case that will be released in a month or two.

I haven't noticed any stuttering but haven't really put it through its paces yet, that's what the weekends for.

That was a big issue with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. Look forward to more updates!

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I placed my pre-order yesterday (32GB/black) for delivery Feb 14. It'll be my first Samsung tablet, so it should be interesting to learn my way around it.

It's too bad the Logitech keyboard case won't be immediately available, as I want to try to use it as a productivity machine. I'll probably pick up one of the cheap cases as a stop-gap, and use the Logitech BT keyboard I've been using for my N7.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking it, case been despatched, might need to use an alternative launcher soon, not liking touch wiz a lot.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm liking it, case been despatched, might need to use an alternative launcher soon, not liking touch wiz a lot.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

How is touchwiz on it? What's different from the '14 Note 10.1 (if you've used one of those)?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a fan of Touch Wiz either, but this is the "new and improved" UI called Magazine UX. At least from the videos, is looks rather different from the old TW. At least the launcher did. Was there anything in particular you didn't like?

I'd really hate to use another launcher on a device like this. Then you've pretty much just got a large screen android tablet with boring little icons and widgets all over the place. :)

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I might have been harsh, never having used touch wiz before. My previous tablets have been Nexus 7/10 and lg g pad and it feels a bit simplistic, the icons seem overly large like stretched 10 and there's (unless I've deleted it by accident) no bar with your most regular apps on it.

I quite like the magazine ux, basically a personable news page, again I've not delved to deeply into it yet.

Hopefully the case turns up this week as I tend to hold a tablet by the case and I'm being a bit gentle with it at the moment.

I will say it seems lag free at the moment and I'm sure when I've personalised it up a bit it will be far better. Could do with some wallpapers for it that aren't to stretched.

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I might have been harsh, never having used touch wiz before. My previous tablets have been Nexus 7/10 and lg g pad and it feels a bit simplistic, the icons seem overly large like stretched 10 and there's (unless I've deleted it by accident) no bar with your most regular apps on it.

I quite like the magazine ux, basically a personable news page, again I've not delved to deeply into it yet.

Hopefully the case turns up this week as I tend to hold a tablet by the case and I'm being a bit gentle with it at the moment.

I will say it seems lag free at the moment and I'm sure when I've personalised it up a bit it will be far better. Could do with some wallpapers for it that aren't to stretched.

Cool, good stuff. Keep us updated!

Tigershard

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I really want one of these, as I am taking a vacation in Scandinavia later this year and do not want to bring a full laptop, but still have something to watch movies on or do web browsing and games while in hotels. I also really want to be able to review pictures taken with my digital camera. Does it have a full USB 3 port or is it a mini port? Has anyone tried connecting a portable hard drive or SD card reader? Is it even possible?

omegafiler

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want one of these, as I am taking a vacation in Scandinavia later this year and do not want to bring a full laptop, but still have something to watch movies on or do web browsing and games while in hotels. I also really want to be able to review pictures taken with my digital camera. Does it have a full USB 3 port or is it a mini port? Has anyone tried connecting a portable hard drive or SD card reader? Is it even possible?

From the specs and pictures, it's just a normal micro-USB port, although it is USB 3.0 like the GN3. And it should work with an OTG USB dongle just like other android phones/tablets.

But yeah, I'm also purchasing this instead of a much more expensive Ultrabook. We'll see how it goes.

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm dying to have one for drawing along with the other common stuff. But yet the price is just a little too high. I need just a little more and I'll have enough. So keep posting updates on what you like/dislike about it! :)