Just got your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2? Post Here!

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine a week ago. I wanted the 64g model but Best Buy doesn't carry them in the store(Chicago suburbs). I bought a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard. I must say this tablet very nice. I got to stay off Netflix long enough to learn about the tablet. The one thing that was upsetting is that Samsung Hub is no longer available and I bought quite a few movies and tv shows. 😭

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

paid2postpix

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 one month ago, I just love it! Fast Smooth no problems no worries .. Great addition to my stress free worry free life, Smile be Happy life and Samsung are Awesome!
Have a Happy day.
Paid2postpix
:)

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Got my new Note Pro yesterday. Very impressed so far. I've been using Tabs since the 7 inch, then purchased a 10.1 when they came out and now the 12.2. It's a big Wifi only version with a 64gb SanDisk card. The extra screen space is very welcome. I use it for business and doing presentations for clients is much nicer now. I've not owned a desktop/laptop for over two years but have not missed them. There were some limitations with the other two Tablets but now (especially with Hancom Suite) it does everything I need. I read so much about the weight and expected it to feel like carrying a Volkswagen around. Yes it is heavier than the others but not bad at all. I am using a Moko Slim Case. It is very well built, looks and fits great. I bought it after seeing many recommendations on this forum.
I really have enjoyed using SNote. I have friends using their IPads and they are very surprised how well this works and the amazing clarity & sharpness of the screen. They are also impressed with how easy it is to move files compared to IOS.
My only gripe so far is Dropbox. I've been using it for a year or so and trying to get the free 50gb is not easy. Some of the things to do, I did when I first got Dropbox so can't do them again to qualify for the extra space. Anyone know a way around that.
One important change is putting the charging port on the side instead of the bottom so now I don't have to use it upside down if I'm charging at the same time. Thank you Samsung.
As I use it more I will post my findings.

Posted via Android Central App

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yup, same problem here. Trying to jump through the hoops to get extra promised storage and I have done all three things they asked but it's balking on the third one. (installing dropbox on another computer) I did that but dropbox doesn't recognize it and keeps asking me to install on another computer.
However, I love this tablet. The 12 inches allows me to do some real productive work using the Hancom office apps.

Matthew Neidig

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Got mine a few days ago, and I've been putting it through the ringer.

I'm taking a course at my campus that requires a tablet for the curriculum. Mostly to just download files off of the wi-fi network, I imagine, but I decided to take the opportunity to get a real beefy tablet that will become a catch-all for my notes, contacts, meetings, schedules, work, leisure, etc. I was attracted to the handwriting applications, which weren't the greatest on the Galaxy Tab 2 that I had previously. I'm playing with S Note, Lecture Notes, and Evernote to try and figure out who I want to build my database in this device. I'm blown away by Remote PC, and I'm glad that I have that set up as an option.

Currently I'm looking at getting some accessories for the device so I can protect it. I'm hoping to find a case that has a keyboard as well as a hand strap.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yup, same problem here. Trying to jump through the hoops to get extra promised storage and I have done all three things they asked but it's balking on the third one. (installing dropbox on another computer) I did that but dropbox doesn't recognize it and keeps asking me to install on another computer.
However, I love this tablet. The 12 inches allows me to do some real productive work using the Hancom office apps.

I had this problem too and only way I could get the free gb is create a new account and once I reset and I got the promotion.

Anton Aylward

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine arrived. WOW, a lifestyle-changer.
Lots to learn.
A proper 'document' processor size, suitable more my ageing eyes.
Awaiting some peripherals. Have dongle and 64G card, transferring files from desktop, but need a really good PDF/document organizer and reader. Adobe reader is great but the ones embedded in the 'bookshelf' style ebook readers are lame. Step-and-repeat trying them and am disappointed at their poor ability to organize. Worthy of another thread ???

The downside is that I promptly lost my Samsung cell phone!
Bummer.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on 18th June. Like the screen size. Wanted the 64gb version but could only find the 32gb.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

gordo8631

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday. Still learning everything. Needless to say I'm not dissappear I read a lot of comics which is amazing on this and the drawing. So happy with my purchase

Hokenweazen

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note Pro last week. My wife and I each got the combo deal on Amazon that comes with the keyboard. MY wife has a Note 3 phone, so she knew she wanted the Note Pro for her next tablet. This is my first Android device and so far I love it.

I didn't think I would like the keybaord as much as I do, but I can't see using this tablet without it while sitting at my desk or on my couch.

We are thinking about picking up some regular covers for when we want to take them to someones house. Was thinking about getting the Samsung Book Style covers.

toprobroy

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine today from ExpediteElectronics for £499, the LTE 4G Version. All set up and running, no glitches yet and I'm really pleased with it. I may do a Root, not sure yet and if so, it will be my first.

One thing I can't do though is get the calender with all my appointments from my Note 1 GN 7000 to come up on the NotePro. I got one calender, but not the one I want. I'm not quite clear on how it all works. I think the Calender is on a different Gmail account, but I can't access that as it's related to an account I can't get at, which has been locked out. It's complicated, but I thought surely I would be able to autosync the calender I wanted to the new Note Pro and Gmail Account. Does anyone have any experience on that? Thanks

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note Pro last week. My wife and I each got the combo deal on Amazon that comes with the keyboard. ......
We are thinking about picking up some regular covers for when we want to take them to someones house. Was thinking about getting the Samsung Book Style covers.
If you want a really substantial cover/case of good quality, google "TheSnugg" (no space deliberate). I bought one of theirs for my Note Pro. Excellent quality. Some people may consider it too substantial (as in a little bulky) but I love it. But be warned - this is purely a case: it can act as a stand, and also has a strap you can put your hand through to securely hold the Note with one hand, but it does not include a keyboard

Xaris Papaetis

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
hello my friend. i want to ask you a question. in the reviews that i have seen, the magazine ux is 2 screens. Is it able to delete them and use just the traditional one's? thanks

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I think if you use a different Launcher.. Like Nova

From Peaches Galaxy Note 3

Yes, Nova Launcher will completely replace the Samsung home screens so that means all of the magazine UX disappears. You can always easily choose to go back to the default Samsung home screen app at any time or even choose to switch between them every time your hit the home button.

I much prefer the Nova Launcher. It looks so much cleaner and I can set how many rows & columns I want on my home screen. Plus I can set "Ok Google" to launch a Google search by my voice. I also use the swipe features of Nova as shortcuts (swipe down pulls the notifications down so you don't have to reach WAY UP THERE to the top of the screen).

Pandorica

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I got mine on Monday and I LOVE it! It's so much nicer to use than the last Android tablet I had which was - admittedly - a cheap one. The Note Pro scrolls sooooo smoothly and I've had no problems with it at all - and I've hardly put it down since I got it.

Speaking of launchers, I'm not a massive fan of the one which comes with the Note Pro and I don't like the magazine home screen so, after watching some YouTube videos, I got myself the Next 3D laucher which is just bloody amazing! Love it to bits. So customisable too and it looks great!

I really like the 12.2 inch screen. In fact, that was the deciding factor for me as I wanted primarily to use it for reading a full page of sheet music. (Laptops aren't up to the job with their horizontal screens - at best, I can only get half a page at a time.) 10 inch tablets are okay but 12.2 inches is getting pretty close to A4 size which is SO much easier to read.

I'm also really liking the sketch pad app and I can see it was worth it to get the Note Pro rather than the Tab Pro which doesn't have the stylus. I've fancied getting into digital art for a while, now I've no excuse not to.

While the on-screen keyboard is miles better than others I've used, I bought myself a cover with a magnetically attached bluetooth keyboard which is great for "proper" typing as I'll definitely use this for writing documents.

But the best thing by far is the screen and the generous dpi. Everything just leaps off this thing and it's one of the factors which keeps me using it so extensively. So easy on the eyes.

While it's not a one-handed tablet (well, not for prolonged periods), it's a lot lighter than I thought it'd be because Samsung have made it so gorgeously thin. But it's rigid enough, I've encountered no bend or flimsiness about it.

I was veering towards an iPad at first, but I know I made the right choice with this. For the money you seem to get a lot more than Apple offers and Android is so popular these days, there are apps for just about everything - including decent sheet music readers and musical apps.

Very chuffed with my purchase - and very glad I waited till the price came down a lot! :D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech