Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Logitech Keyboard Case

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
The only way the tablet could fall out if is you were trying to lift the open case without grabbing onto the tablet itself. How you would manage such a feat I am not sure? Perhaps you have fingers the size of a 5 year olds as it would be rather difficult to do. I have a matte screen protector on mine and have no fear of grabbing the screen when I move it so picking it up by a tab the 1/3rd width of a finger is not feasible.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
@srayjacobs logitech recommends charging once a month. I charge it once a week myself.

@nickneuro Logitech designed the folio case without the clasps along the bottom so that the keyboard can be folded back under the tablet and held that way. I think logitech were trying to please more people by allowing it to fold back. I have not had any problems yet with it and the keyboard is relly good compared to the few others on the market.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

nickneuro

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
100% agree that the keyboard is spot on. It's the best one I've tried. Also, Bluetooth connection was always solid unlike some keyboards I've tried. And my battery life was off the charts.

I have big hands and fingers. And I don't baby the case/tablet connection. If touching the side friction dogs when I pull the case open (which often made tablet pop out) or even the unsecured portions of the tablet itself when I pull the case open is wrong, then I plead guilty to tablet/case abuse (not sure what the mandatory minimum is for that transgression).

My perspective on the way the tablet is mounted in the case is that Logitech simply scaled up one of their smaller cases in order to achieve the objective you so succinctly described...to be able to fold the top cover under the tablet in half so the tablet could rest directly on top of the keyboard.

A better way to design the case so it is more stable would be to secure the tablet on all corners rather than just two. The challenge is how to do that and still make the top cover "foldable" so the tablet rests on top of the lower cover and keyboard. The answer can be found in some of the other aftermarket cases (without keyboards but do the same foldable top cover to rest over the unfolded lower cover. I think i-Blason makes one like that). They do it while supporting all four corners of the tablet. I think of it as rather that attaching the tablet at two corners to the top cover and letting the bottom half of the tablet swing free, they attached the tablet at four corners to a frame and then attached the frame at two corners to the cover -- so it is the frame that is swinging free. Since the frame never has to leave the case (unlike the tablet which may need to) the frame can be well-secured to the top cover, thus reducing the forces on the friction dogs holding the tablet to the frame and preventing the tablet from popping out due to it only being supported at two corners instead of four.

I promise I will not bring this rant up again. Product design is an endless series of compromises in search of optimization. And hindsight is never fair.

I brought this up because I wish I had known this before I bought mine, so I could have looked at it with a more critical eye considering my needs and explored more alternatives before spending the $$$. But....if this case is rocking for you...I'm very envious, because I do love that keyboard and Bluetooth implementation.

@srayjacobs logitech recommends charging once a month. I charge it once a week myself.

@nickneuro Logitech designed the folio case without the clasps along the bottom so that the keyboard can be folded back under the tablet and held that way. I think logitech were trying to please more people by allowing it to fold back. I have not had any problems yet with it and the keyboard is relly good compared to the few others on the market.

Ion_NotePro

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I promise I will not bring this rant up again. Product design is an endless series of compromises in search of optimization. And hindsight is never fair.

I brought this up because I wish I had known this before I bought mine, so I could have looked at it with a more critical eye considering my needs and explored more alternatives before spending the $$$. But....if this case is rocking for you...I'm very envious, because I do love that keyboard and Bluetooth implementation.

I am about ready to buy this.... so to be clear there this is the best option available right now correct?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so sure it's the best option, as far as I can tell the logitech keyboard is NOT removable from the case if you want that ootion, as some other keyboard cases permit. Moreover, it's far more expensive than other such keyboard cases. Also, there are really good bt stand alone keyboards that are very lightweight and can easily be carried with the tablet and a small bt mouse in a bag. And those keyboards are very inexpensive. I did play with the logitech at best buy and it seemed very nice. But I don't think at this point it's the end all and be all. I truly believe the SNP 12 is THE first Android tablet that is a genuine laptop replacement. I actually sold my macbook air and replaced it with the 12. But I don't think the very best keyboard/case to make it a true laptop replacement has yet been put on the market.

I am about ready to buy this.... so to be clear there this is the best option available right now correct?

Ion_NotePro

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
my case arrived at BB - I will pick it up later today and try it out.

I was thinking about getting the Mime screen protector - any idea if that screen protector will interfere with the case?

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Logitech Keyboard Case

I purchased the zagg keyboard at a Bestbuy store a couple days ago.

Posted via Android Central App
I had the zagg but returned it. It is very good and lighter. I loved that part for sure. I returned it because the keys on the logitech are much better. The zagg is for short docs and the logitech is for books. In my opinion.

Ion_NotePro

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am typing this post on the new keyboard now. Here are my initial thoughts.

1. I find no issues with fit. It seems solid and well connected to the case.
2. I have been using it in tablet mode folded over on the keyboard. I was worred about how this would work out, and am happy to report it does not bother me at all. Some added bulk, but it does not interfere with pen use or it's portability.
3. Keys are nice - I am still figuring out the shorcuts.

Things that are very problematic -
1. No spell check - ugh. I am not sure why or if there is an app or setting to enable it.
2. I wish there was a brightness up/down key. I am not a huge fan of samsungs auto implementation feature.

Thats it for now - thanks to all who have helped in this thread.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Goes in and out easy. A little too easy on mine. Tablet dropped out the side one time. I agree very nice keyboard. Just be a little careful.

I picked one up yesterday from Best Buy! I was in for something else, and to my surprise there was one just sitting there! The keyboard is LOVELY. My only criticism is, I wish it was backlit. Second criticism - closing and opening the case does NOT sleep/wake the tablet :-( The tablet slots in quite nicely though, I haven't tested to see how easily it comes out yet. The angle it holds the screen is not ideal for me when I'm lounging on the couch, but I suspect it's perfect for desk use, or if I sat up a bit straighter! I'll be able to play with it more over the next few days, but I like it much, much more than the Zagg, which I had returned fairly promptly.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

I just picked one up and I have a questions for those who have had theirs for a while. When I use the hot key to open the Internet or Calendar as an example it always asked me which app I want to use. Even though I have selected and set my default app already. Has anybody else seen this and know how to make it remember my default choice.

Thanks,

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I did some checking and the spell check issue od bt keybaords appears to be an android issue. The spellcheck in android in instigated from the app and not across the system. Some apps do have spell check and autocorrect with the bt keyboard; however most rely on whatever keyboard app you are using whether it be stock or something like swiftkey to implement it which also explains why some keyboard apps are much better at spell check and autocorrect than others. With BT the drivers automatically load but no app is instigated to initiate spell check and autocorrect. This is a common complaint across android. It would probably take a rooted app that would fire when a bt keybaord is detected and implement spellcheck and autocorrect, but it would be a nice app to have run in the background while working with a bt keybaord.

sjdigriz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned the Zagg as it quit charging after 1 time. I got the Logitech instead and like it better. The only downside is that you can't go portrait easily and I still have some apps the are only portrait.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Picked mine up from Best Buy for $99.00. So far, so good. It's a bit on the heavy side and is a bit thick in my opinion, but I can't really see how Logitech could get around that. My only concern is with the plastic clips that hold the device in on the side beneath the speakers. Any issues with wear from taking it in and out of the case over time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited: