Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issue's transferring data from mac to Note Pro 12.2

I just got my new Note Pro 12.2, I'm loving everything about it except the face it will not hook up to my mac to transfer files. It is a late 2012 MBP with osx mavericks on it. I've tried installing kies with no luck. Then I uninstalled kies and tried using Android file transfer and it is not recognizing my tablet either. I enabled USB debugging as well. Any ideas??

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Issue's transferring data from mac to Note Pro 12.2

Do you have the drivers installed? If not your computer won't recognize your device. So if you don't just Google samsung note pro 12.2 driver Download and it should all work out.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am unable to find a driver for it. Do you have a link to one? Any other ideas?

Hmm kies, should have installed the drivers too, the only other advice I would have is to check to make sure the chord and USB port work.

You need to load Android File Transfer app. I used it for my Nexus 10 and now that I have the Note Pro 12.2 I have not had any issue transferring files from my Mac to the tablet. It worked right out of the box and when I added a MicroSD card I could see it on my Mac too.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

i have done that, but still cannot connect to gnp 12.2.

any further suggestions ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banefire View Post
    You need to load Android File Transfer app. I used it for my Nexus 10 and now that I have the Note Pro 12.2 I have not had any issue transferring files from my Mac to the tablet. It worked right out of the box and when I added a MicroSD card I could see it on my Mac too.

with the GNP plugged into the Mac and Kies open. Click Tools and hit update drivers. Mine worked great after that.

I may have restarted Kies after that and then plugged the GNP in, don't remember.

For what it's worth on my rMBP I find that a USB 2.0 cable works but the stock USB 3.0 cable does not.

Can anyone else corroborate the connection via Kies with the supplied GNP 12.2 cable?
    I've been unsuccessful. It simply won't see my device.
    I've updated drivers, tried every port, restarted several times, uninstalled, tried Android File Transfer after uninstall.
    Also, switching to Win7 using boot camp it connects fine! My USB ports (and cable) must be fine.
    I'm on Macbook pro running Maverick with my shiny new GNP 12.2
    Thanks for any further thoughts!
    I'm stuck.
    -Len

Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue! Tried everything.

Nope. Got a mini-SD card to transfer files when I don't want or to or can't use the internet in some capacity.
    Still would love to see a solution.

Hi guys,

I had the same problem until yesterday. My Galaxy Tab 12.2 (SM-P900) was only recognized on my windows laptop but not on my iMac. Both softwares (Android File Transfer & Kies) were were installed with no results until ...

Late in the evening I found an article about "Developer Mode" and how to set this option on. In this mode you can enable "USB debugging" which I did and after I started "Kies" again, all was OK (you will have to wait a few seconds before the SM-P900 is visible in "Kies".

To access de "Developer Mode": Settings ->General -> About Service -> tap 7 times on the "Build number" to unlock the developer mode.

This worked for me.

Greetings from Belgium

PHANTOMRC is correct.

I had same problem and spoke with Samsung Representative.
    He walk me through the exact process PhantomRC did.

I read about another issue resolved by going into developer mode. Should you leave it in developer mode, or turn it back off when finished?