Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mickeylittle777
  • 1 Post By mickeylittle777
  • 1 Post By mkhall
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mkhall's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Question Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    This is my first Samsung tablet, but it sounds as though plenty of you here in this forum are familiar with the Note and the Tab devices. I have a couple of questions that the AC hive-mind may be able to answer.

    First: I'd like to get a stylus better suited to my huge mitts than the tiny thing included. Anyone have a specific recommendation, or even just a brand to try?

    Second: I am hoping to use this as a third screen while I'm working, pulling in trends and feeds from various sources, and taking advantage of the Magazine UX 4-panel screen. can anyone suggest a technique or an app to pull this off?

    Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    For your first part, I don't recommend the hex3 jaja stylus at all but they did come out with a nota which looks more promising but I would definitely try it out at like beat buy before hand because hex3 isn't that great of a company. Not terrible just not up to par.

    For your second part, I'm not really sure what you mean or if I could assist you in that matter. Good luck

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    mkhall 
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    It is a bit pricey but I've been using this Samsung stylus on several different tablets for a year and a half now.

    Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories
    Thanked by 2:
    DASmkhall 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    mkhall's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    It is a bit pricey but I've been using this Samsung stylus on several different tablets for a year and a half now.

    Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories
    Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I just ordered it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    It is a bit pricey but I've been using this Samsung stylus on several different tablets for a year and a half now.

    Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics Slate PC Digitizer Pen (AA-DP0NE2B/US): Computers & Accessories
    +1 I'm probably going to have to get one looks nice!

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhall View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I just ordered it.
    I forgot to mention the good stuff guys. 1) the button on the barrel works just like on the sPen so when you click it close to the screen the air pen controls pop up, even with the sPen in the chamber. 2) the rounded ball/cap does work as an eraser
    Thanked by 2:
    Kyle535 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    I forgot to mention the good stuff guys. 1) the button on the barrel works just like on the sPen so when you click it close to the screen the air pen controls pop up, even with the sPen in the chamber. 2) the rounded ball/cap does work as an eraser
    +10000000000 that is amazing!!! Does it have better/worse sensitivity and precision or is it pretty much the same as the spen?

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    +10000000000 that is amazing!!! Does it have better/worse sensitivity and precision or is it pretty much the same as the spen?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm not an artist but I tried the sketchbook app and can tell no difference between the 2. Same goes in using sNote.
    Thanked by:
    Kyle535 likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    I'm not an artist but I tried the sketchbook app and can tell no difference between the 2. Same goes in using sNote.
    Thanks!! I'll definitely have to buy one!

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle535 View Post
    Thanks!! I'll definitely have to buy one!

    Posted via Android Central App
    You guys be sure and post back how you like this stylus when you get it. Like I say I've used mine for over a year now and never changed the tip. In fact I don't think it came with replacement tip but I could be mistaken.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    mkhall's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    You guys be sure and post back how you like this stylus when you get it. Like I say I've used mine for over a year now and never changed the tip. In fact I don't think it came with replacement tip but I could be mistaken.
    I just got mine tonight. I haven't played with it too much yet, but I can confirm that it comes with five extra tips and that creepy metal loop for pulling them out.

    Oh, and there's a setting you need to change if you want the Air Control to still appear, even if the built-in stylus is in the silo.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhall View Post
    I just got mine tonight. I haven't played with it too much yet, but I can confirm that it comes with five extra tips and that creepy metal loop for pulling them out.

    Oh, and there's a setting you need to change if you want the Air Control to still appear, even if the built-in stylus is in the silo.
    What setting, I don't remember changing a setting? I could be mistaken but I sure don't remember changing anything.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    mkhall's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    What setting, I don't remember changing a setting? I could be mistaken but I sure don't remember changing anything.
    It's under Settings > Controls > S Pen > Turn off pen detection. You need to uncheck that or else the built-in pen's presence will disable the input detection.

    Posted via Android Central App
    mickeylittle777 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mkhall View Post
    It's under Settings > Controls > S Pen > Turn off pen detection. You need to uncheck that or else the built-in pen's presence will disable the input detection.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yep one of those things I did and forgot that I did. It hurts getting old sometimes.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    mkhall's Avatar

    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Replacement Stylus & General Tips

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    Yep one of those things I did and forgot that I did. It hurts getting old sometimes.
    I hear you brother.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Tips for multitasking?
    By nixzero in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 09:35 AM
  4. when will we see the replacement for the droid maxx?
    By lgbalfa in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:06 AM
  5. Getting A Nexus 5 Today, any tips?
    By macaroon9 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions