Samsung Link App Missing?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone who uses the Samsung Link app on their other Samsung devices to sync videos, photos, and files, and discovered that it's missing on the 12.2?

Using my Samsung account I can view the content on my Note 3, Note 8, Note 10.1 2014, and Series 9 laptop from any device. I was expecting to do the same with the 12.2, but noticed the app is missing from the app drawer? Does anyone have the app on their tablet, know if its been renamed, or is it just missing on my unit?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not the app called Sidesync is it? Sidesync is in the app drawer in the folder called Samsung.

I had originally thought the SideSync app was the app I was looking for, but sadly that appears to be something different. On every Samsung high end device the Samsung Link app comes preinstalled, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it would be left off the Note Pro? The Note Pro is also missing the Samsung AllShare app. I will call their tech support and see what I can discover.

Thank you for being so helpful.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I had originally thought the SideSync app was the app I was looking for, but sadly that appears to be something different. On every Samsung high end device the Samsung Link app comes preinstalled, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it would be left off the Note Pro? The Note Pro is also missing the Samsung AllShare app. I will call their tech support and see what I can discover.

Thank you for being so helpful.

Report back what you find please. Is allshare what was used on the 10.1 to connect to the allshare cast because I'm doing that just fine without allshare app?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Report back what you find please. Is allshare what was used on the 10.1 to connect to the allshare cast because I'm doing that just fine without allshare app?

I Just Got off live chat with the Samsung rep and was told that the Samsung LINK app is not Compatible with the PRO 12.2. IT'S not a deal breaker but very disappointing.

Posted via Android Central App

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I Just Got off live chat with the Samsung rep and was told that the Samsung LINK app is not Compatible with the PRO 12.2. IT'S not a deal breaker but very disappointing.

Bummer. Maybe they will update it before too long. Good luck.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine has Sansung Hub missing as well, and there are no special photo edit apps like Photoshop Touch or Paper Artist included either.

I noticed Samsung Hub missing as well? I have a few movies purchased in the Hub and it would have been nice to view them on this beautiful screen, but Sammy decided not to include it. Very strange?

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sucks about Samsung Hub missing because I bought a 10.1 2014 edition too and still have 50 bucks to blow that came as a promotion for the 10.1 2014 tied to my Samsung account. But now I am limited to the Samsung app store for this tablet. I have not found anything yet worth spending 50 bucks on there.

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine has Sansung Hub missing as well, and there are no special photo edit apps like Photoshop Touch or Paper Artist included either.

That is bad! Can you d/l Photoshop Touch from Playstore?? (Or is it as "incompatible"?) I wont even consider to get 12.2 if PSTouch isnt working on it... And how about Sketchbook pro? It comes with SB for Galaxy - is that the same version as SBPro?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have videos purchased with the hub, they will show up in the video app on your pro after you sync your Samsung account.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have videos purchased with the hub, they will show up in the video app on your pro after you sync your Samsung account.

I was not aware of this. My PRO tablet stays at home, but I will check this out when I get home. I guess it shows I never access the video app on my tablet. I would have never thought to look there. I'll report back once I get home.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it doesn't work after all.sucks, I have like 20 movies off of the hub that I can't watch.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it doesn't work after all.sucks, I have like 20 movies off of the hub that I can't watch.

I am in the same boat. I am just dumbfounded that they made this "Tablet of all Android Tablets" and Samsungs own Media software isn't included.
I also have apps and books that were purchased. Is there anyway to get those bad boys downloaded somehow?

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That is bad! Can you d/l Photoshop Touch from Playstore?? (Or is it as "incompatible"?) I wont even consider to get 12.2 if PSTouch isnt working on it... And how about Sketchbook pro? It comes with SB for Galaxy - is that the same version as SBPro?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000).

Photoshop Touch works just fine

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I opened a ticket with Samsung asking about the the availability of the Samsung Hub on the Pro and here is their response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

As Samsung Hub is not preloaded nor downloadable on new smartphones and tablets including Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and hereafter, customers are not able to use Samsung Hub service any longer on new models.

However you can still use your purchased content on your old Samsung devices.

We would like to inform you to also visit Samsung Customer support and go to "My Question" category and from there you can see our replies to you, and you can also send us more questions or additional information by clicking the "Add question" button.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,

Corine

Customer Service Center

Please visit our website : Samsung Customer support

※ This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
This is why I do not use manufacturer specific software for purchases such as books etc. I use amazon and others.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app