Can't do software update on my new Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Pxl125

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Note Pro 12.2 in the UK. I purchased mine from Expansys so I hope I'm not going to have a problem getting this fixed. ��Screenshots_2014-03-22-20-23-26.png

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Do either of you have an sd carr in? The note 3 had an issue where if an certain manufactures sd cards in then when you attempt to update ir looks like the system has been custimzed. The easy fix in this case is to take out the sd card restart the system and then check for an update see what it says.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Pxl125

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I did have a 128gb SanDisk microSD so I removed it and rebooted but still had the same issue. But thanks for the suggestion.

Screenshots_2014-03-23-21-06-54.jpg

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Its a known bug and not just notepro. Others devices have same problem, after OTA update and make the device recognized as modified. Nothing to do, until sammy release new firmware to fix the issue and then just flash it with Odin. This is the only way to update, using Odin, if want to do it uself, instead bringing it to crappy sammy service and had happened before that they wont even look before shipped it back to customers. Peoples have reported, that theirs tabs had modified firmware when got it back from sammy service and it was sammy technicians that did the flash.
Recommend to flash new firmware self whenever it released with Odin, instead shipping it back and forth.

Galaxy Note SM-P605

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a US Verizon and my status says custom as well. I do not get the error, mine just reports that the device is up to date.

AndroidvsOS

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Update:
Hi all
Received a notification on my device a couple of days ago saying new software has been downloaded, I accepted the installation and the error message disappeared. When I checked software updates it tells me now that latest software has been installed.
Apparently Samsung has figured out a way to push the update without having to reset the machine and wipe it clean.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk