Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Pen Improvements?

Hello everyone,

I currently use the Note 10.1 (original) for lecture notes and what not. I experience issues with the S-Pen not writing as smoothly as possible; sometimes it even comes out with jagged lines instead of straight lines. Has Samsung improved the writing functionality of the S-Pen? What I mean is: Does it feel more like writing on paper?

This is the deal breaker for me. If it isn't improved, I can't justify the $750 purchase.

Thank you,

marinebugler199
    Thanked by:

Default Re: S-Pen Improvements?

I can't speak for the tablets but the Note 3 S-Pen does feel a bit smoother than the Note 2. Is there any way you can test it before you buy it?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

I also can't really compare to what you currently have but I love the way it writes on Note Anytime. I don't really use Lecture Note and I know that with my previous 10.1 it seemed that I would get varying results depending on the app that I was writing in.

I just opened Lecture Note and it seems very fluid to me with no skips or drawing lag or jerks. It appears to write exactly where the tip goes. But your best bet is to get by a Best Buy or somewhere and try it for yourself.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

I think the apps to utilize the pen suck big time. The pen however does write rather smoothly IMHO. I also purchased the bigger Wacom Digitizer pen which makes it much more comfortable to hold. I use it at my desk.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier_mac View Post
    I think the apps to utilize the pen suck big time. The pen however does write rather smoothly IMHO. I also purchased the bigger Wacom Digitizer pen which makes it much more comfortable to hold. I use it at my desk.
    I also have a larger Samsung stylus but feel that t works great in sNote as well as Note Anytime and from the few intestinal that I've used Lecture Notes I thought it has worked great in that app as well.

To each his/her own!