Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Micro SD Issues

I started out with a class 10 San Disk 64gb and after the 2nd time that my Note Pro reported it as a corrupt card I replaced it with a 32gb only to get the same error a day or so later. I then ordered a different brand 16gb card and loaded it with movies. Everything is great except that I cannot delete any of the movies that I've watched off the card while it is in the Note Pro.

I can select the movie, choose delete, and it acts like it is deleting it until a message comes up stating that some files were not deleted and it is still there and plays just fine.

Is anybody else having any issues with this type of stuff other than me and everyone at these links?
    Google

Default Re: Micro SD Issues

Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    I started out with a class 10 San Disk 64gb and after the 2nd time that my Note Pro reported it as a corrupt card I replaced it with a 32gb only to get the same error a day or so later. I then ordered a different brand 16gb card and loaded it with movies. Everything is great except that I cannot delete any of the movies that I've watched off the card while it is in the Note Pro.

I can select the movie, choose delete, and it acts like it is deleting it until a message comes up stating that some files were not deleted and it is still there and plays just fine.

Is anybody else having any issues with this type of stuff other than me and everyone at these links?
    Google
    The card is likely not corrupt. However, format it IN THE DEVICE first. Then, try it again.

Re: the small card and deleting...this is not in my experience a card issue per se. If you are talking about an event that happens when you have the device hooked into your computer, I find that sometimes for no apparent reason many external devices--including tablets, small HDDs and what nots--just suddenly generate an issue where it seems I can't delete something when connected to my desktop. As I keep connecting to better, more modern and more powerful devices, the problem tends to go away, but it does resurface periodically. Not sure why! Just today, I was trying to delete an MP3 from an external, unpowered HDD connected to a 8.1 machine, and just didn't seem to recognize the deletion. Later, it worked. Hmmmmm.

The simple workaround for tablets---use the native file manager, not Win Explorer when connected to your desktop. Never fails.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok I fixed my current issue as only the stock My Files app will delete files from any micro SD card installed in the Note Pro 12.2. Try it for yourself and see if I'm wrong on this.

No I am not hooked up to a PC I am just using my tablet by itself and yes on both the 64gb and the 32gb cards I also formatted them while in the tablet. I did however unmount both and insert them into my Windows PC to make copying faster. Is that where I messed up?

What I don't understand is why both cards worked fine for a day or so and then just crapped out all of a sudden?

I had similar issues on my Note 2 with a no name card. Once I replaced it with a SanDisk I haven't had any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Yeah SanDisk is normally the place to go to get sd cards. They are the only brand I've ever used and I've never once had a problem with my multitude of sd cards.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well sitting in front of me if a beautiful SanDisk Ultra 64gb which just won't last more than a couple days and also a PNY HC 32gb with the same results but so far the Kingston 16gb seems to be holding its own after 4 days. So no one else is experiencing this kind of behavior?

I just reformatted the 32gb card and am loading it down with movies and music and will try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    Well sitting in front of me if a beautiful SanDisk Ultra 64gb which just won't last more than a couple days and also a PNY HC 32gb with the same results but so far the Kingston 16gb seems to be holding its own after 4 days. So no one else is experiencing this kind of behavior?

I just reformatted the 32gb card and am loading it down with movies and music and will try it again.
    I would say--granting it is anecdotal--that a disproportionate number of posts seem to concern Sandisk in Samsung machines. I tend to use Kingston, mostly. Also Panasonic. For all I know, these days they may be exactly the same card. But...using a 64gb Panasonic in my tablet, and a 64gb Kingston in my phone, and both work perfectly after being formatted in the device.

Samsung and SanDisk Sometimes do not play well together. Some note 3s had issues with them as well. You can look through the note 3 forum to see what they recommended.

Posted via Android Central App