Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Note Pro 12.2

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I will start here. Has anyone successfully rooted their Note Pro 12.2? I googled, "how to root the galaxy note pro 12.2" and clicked on the first site International Business Times UK and followed the instructions. I downloaded all the software including samsung usb drivers. I put my device in download mode (I made sure USB Debugging is checked) but Odin is not recognizing my device. It's funny that when I don't have the device in download mode and I open Odin with my device plugged in my device is recognized. Just to see what would happen, I ran the program, but of course nothing happened. My main reason for rooting is to use any app with the multi window function. Please advice on the best instructions to use to Root. BTW this device is AWESOME!!! I'm loving the clarity of the text and images on my screen.

Default Re: Rooting Note Pro 12.2

Has to be a driver issue. Happens to me sometimes since I have so many nexus and samsung devices.

I'd be sure the tab is in download mode prior to plugging it in. If that doesn't work you may have go delete all drivers associated with the device . Google usbdeview samsung and see if you can delete all drivers for the tablet and any other Android device you've ever hooked up to the computer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I will give that a try...thanks Muzzy996

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

WoW...I feel incredibly embarrassed....I've been trying for days to root my Note Pro...maybe if I took the time to learn the hardware keys such as which side was down on the volume rocker this post would have never been created!!!!...now I am thoroughly enjoying the multi-window function having any app in the four windows

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Does the Fix also allow you to have the floating window or any app as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruh-Man View Post
    Does the Fix also allow you to have the floating window or any app as well?

I'm wanting to know this as well. Also since rooting does your device seem as stable as when it was stock?

On the XDA site there is a Forum thread about how to do this without rooting. You may want to check it out.
    Multiwindow app enabler without root - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by Banefire View Post
    On the XDA site there is a Forum thread about how to do this without rooting. You may want to check it out.
    Multiwindow app enabler without root - xda-developers
    It's ok but with the one limitation of no updates to any apps using that method to multi window I'll pass and just root as updates are pretty valuable to me.