Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone using a touchpad or mouse

I have not gotten the 12 pro yet, I am trying to wait for the Verizon model to drop, but I have used tablets over the years and nothing beats having a keyboard and touchpad and if not a touchpad a mouse for intense work. I looked at the Logitech keyboard and did not see a touchpad.

Is anyone using a touchpad either wireless with a keyboard or using the USB otg connector? If so what do you have and how is it working. If I am working in something like excel and type in one cell, it is easier and faster to move a mouse and click in the next cell I need than reaching out and touching the cell on the screen.

Thank you, Chester

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anyone using a touchpad or mouse

Chester I am currently using the Logitech T630 mouse and it works great. I am waiting for the Logitech pro Keyboard Case and then I will have the perfect combination in my opinion.

I currently have a problem whenever I turn bluetooth on my popular keyboard will not come up. But I think that is something that I have done myself as I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. So for right now I can't really use the mouse unless I also use a bt keyboard or one that I attach via a dongle.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the information. I had read that some android devices can only connect through bluetooth with one input device, either a keyboard or a mouse but not both. I hope this is not an issue for the note 12 pro.

That's not a problem for me as I have no problem using a Zagg Flex keyboard and my Logitech mouse together. My problem comes whenever I try to use the pop-up keyboard with the mouse as I cannot get that combo to work for me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you for the information.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I use the Zagg keyboard and a wireless (not bluetooth) mouse with my usb 3 otg cable. Works great and doesn't cause the problem described above.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nursedad View Post
    I use the Zagg keyboard and a wireless (not bluetooth) mouse with my usb 3 otg cable. Works great and doesn't cause the problem described above.

Could you explain this?

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Sure.

Using a USB 3 OTG cable ( http://www.amazon.com/HDL-White-Styl...0-20&m1k=vb_ac ) I'm able to plug the small wireless usb dongle of my mouse into my tablet. Simulates what I would do with my laptop.

Does that make sense?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you, I was wondering if the wireless dangle would work with USB otg.

This appears to be the only difference as you are using a bt dongle but my mouse is totally wireless. Every time I connect it my pop-up keyboard will not pop-up and the only way to get it to start popping up again is to turn bt or the mouse off. As soon as I flip the switch on the bottom of the mouse the keyboard pops up or down just depending on whether i turned the mouse on or off.

Yes, I can repeat this day after day.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

@micklittle777 how do you pair both the keyboard and mouse?

Settings - Connections - Turn on Bluetooth - Scan for devices - and pair them both up.

But my problem may be coming to an end today as I'll be getting the Logitech Pro Keyboard so Hopefully I won't be using the pop-up keyboard very much.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

The dongle I use isn't bluetooth. Rather, it's an RF wireless dongle. That may be the difference. I have not seen the pop up keyboard issue you are seeing.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Let me know how the Logitech keyboard works, I would appreciate it. Chestet

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I'm using the keyboard right now. It's excellent so far. I love the keys. Typing is excellent. The case is solid too...feels much more sturdy than the Zagg keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by ccpopham View Post
    Let me know how the Logitech keyboard works, I would appreciate it. Chestet

I'm liking it pretty good so far. The keys feel great and the tablet seems to sit in the tray nice and sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by aaa111sss View Post
    You can use a USB 3.0 OTG cable to connect a mouse. But if you want to connect a keyboard and mouse at the same time, you can get a USB Hubs.
    Maybe this connection in Pics will help.
    Yes this is very helpful info that I didn't think about because both the Zagg Flex keyboard and the Logitech T630 mouse are totally wireless and do not have anything to plug into a computer's USB port. So using these 2 I never even had to hook the USB 3.0 OTG cable up.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aaa111sss View Post
    You can use a USB 3.0 OTG cable to connect a mouse. But if you want to connect a keyboard and mouse at the same time, you can get a USB Hubs.
    Maybe this connection in Pics will help.
    For the 3in1 OTG card reader you linked to--what are the 3 slots on the bottom? I can tell one is obviously USB, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the other 2 thin openings are--SD and something else?

Thanks,
    RM