Flash Player on Note 12.2?

Eeposaurus

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys so I just got my 12.2 and it's great so far but i can't seem to get flash player working on it. Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks for any feedback.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure more knowledgeable people will correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know Flash doesn't work in Kit Kat. I use Puffin browser which uses magic to make Flash work.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes it works as outlined in ccpopham's link. Just don't expect desktop like performance from Flash sites; there's a reason why it was abandoned on mobile devices after all. Good example is you wont get full flash support on ESPN's site.

Ray Truant

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. love the 12.2, but I cannot get flash sites to work with any kitkat modified apks or dolphin. I had no trouble restoring Flash on my kitkat phone, but these tips for kitkat on the Note 12. 2 just aren't working. I have no idea why websites still use Flash but they do.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
A difinite bummer on the 12.2 and IMO seems like a weird step down for such a high end device. Yes, very few like flash, BUT, it's being used in too many applications for us to abandon it just yet. Frankly I don't care for Flash on website, because it's not iOS and mobile friendly. However, YouTube is running flash and it's owned by Google who is the same company that has stopped Flash on Kitkat.

What makes this Flash issue very weird, is that YouTube videos and Flash related streaming images work fine in certain instances. For example I have been able to play YouTube when embeded in websites or blogs. I can also run Google Maps Street View in the native browser but not in other browsers, as it asks for Flash.

I think the Flash issue and lack of system-wide spell checker (browser, text, email) is a major hassle on this device. Having said that, pls excuse any typos, as I am using the Zagg keyboard without any word suggestion.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
In those cases arent the videos in HTML5 and not Flash. AFAIK default android youtube application uses HTML5 and has done so for quite some time.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So if that's the case why can't I play youtube videos at YouTube.com I get a flash warning? And why can't run Street View on other browsers I also get a flash warning.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I wasn't clear . . YES if you're trying to use those services via browsers you get limited support due to needing Flash. Use the native applications instead which will serve up the data in HTML5 without any performance issues.

Atarie47

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem where I can't even watch videos from the video apps on my note pro.. I called Samsung and they said to download a flash player? Can anyone help?

elvyb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks flash player work. Dolphin is great never heard of this browser.
Appreciate the information.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, with all kinds of contortions, you can get a flash player working, but it is stunning to me that a tablet computer this expensive from a company as alegedly prestigious as Samsung cannot resolve this. Add to the mix that you can't watch Amazon videos without Flash on Android tablet and it just blows my mind.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I know, I also find it astonishing, that a company like Google, that owns YouTube that runs Flash videos, decides not to support flash on their mobile devices. This one is for history books!!!!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully ancient history soon. I wish ESPN would move away from flash sooner. Flash support was abandoned for good reason, it's not Google's product and it sucks. The fact that people struggle to get it going should be a testament to why support for it has been killed, not the other way around. It never worked well on mobile platforms because too much room for error was left for content developers to craft things that wouldn't work on phones and tablets. Flash video would also drain battery like crazy when compared to HTML5. Don't get me wrong, flash is on my tablet as is a secondary browser but I only use said software when I must; for everything else I use Chrome and other applications that don't rely on flash.

I know it's hard to come to grips with given the fact that OEMs seem to modify android heavily with their skinned versions but they don't have as much influence on how well another 3rd party application works on their device as one may think, let alone one that has been out of production for quite some time. Please read the mobile section of the Adobe flash road map ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m%2Fwhitepapers%2Froadmap.html&token=ycJFVo_c ) before continuing to bash samsung and Google about lack of support. Adobe dropping support in advance of kit kat has a lot to do with the state of things today.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It canbe found at Dolphin.com/lab/en...

UPDATE: flash or at least Amazon video on demand) quit working on my Note on April 23rd apparently never to return. Prior to then, it did work using Dolphin, Jetpack and the version 11 Flash app. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I just installed this over the weekend and it works. The picture quality isn't in HD like it was on my iPad with the Amazon app or on my laptop, but I haven't found another viable workaround. Despite Amazon On Demand/Prime video not being as good in some respects as Netflix/iTunes when it comes to content, there are times when it is the ONLY source available for content. Flash support in the Dolphin browser seems like a temporary solution and I'd welcome anything in its place. I'd prefer to use an app personally.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the non-Kitkat flash apk and Firefox Beta...works just fine with Amazon Prime.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX