Samsung Note Pro 12.2: Screen flickering problems

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I for one as glad your issue is fixed but embarrassed for the troubles you have had. Samsung tech support lines should be way more helpful then they were. This is getting bubbled up..

Posted via Android Central App

pacet911

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys - try with the tablet plugged in and on battery - I have found that the problem only occurs on mine when the tablet is not plugged into the charger.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
What also has been known to cause this is power saving mode- when the cpu and graphics are slowed it can not process things and it fails.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to be power related too. When the battery is low the flicker starts. I never thought to disable Power Saving Mode. I'll try that next time and see if that helps

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

erlin168

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for your info.
It really helps. I no longer have screen flickering or blank issues.
Again, thank you very much.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have up to date software. Mine just started in but only when it first boots for a minute or so. Bought it when it first came out.

Qaishal

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
to fix flickering in video:

Enable developer options in settings (go to about device and tap build number 7+ times).

In developer options, under hardware-accelerated rendering, check "turn off hardware overlays". You can also check "force gpu rendering", but i've found the former is all that's necessary.

thank you so much!!!!

Last edited:

CraigJK

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I enabled the Developer Options and made the appropriate changes. This fixed the problem for about 2 weeks. Now, it is flickering again. A shutdown and restart fixed the problem for about 2 more weeks. Now it's back and this tablet is going back to Costco.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine started flickering again so I went back into dev options and had to recheck one of them. Seems it didn't stay. No problems yet again

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I had to go in and check the box for "turn off hardware overlays" after a power off restart. All works fine again.

guitarbluesharp

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I was on the phone with Samsung support and they said that I would have to send in my tablet so that the engineers could fix this problem. He had never heard of the screen flickering problem.

In the meantime I found these instructions: Go to Settings. On the top bar choose General. Bottom left hand corner About Device. Press Build Number 7 times to become Developer. Scroll to Hardware-accelerated rendering. Select Turn off hardware overlays.

Fixed!!!

Thanks for the help!!!

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hard to believe that the flickering screen has not been addressed to them officially.

I had a flickering screen issue and fixed it with the suggestions I found here. Been using it somewhat extensively for the past few days, about 2-3 charges/reboots and haven't seen the issue recur. Hopefully, the fix is permanent. Hate to know that this issue might be there forever.

Mohamed Ali18

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I had this problem too, but I found out something I didn't know before. For anyone who's experiencing screen flickering once the charge power gets low; below 30% may be. I tried all the suggestions here in the forum but en vain. I found out it is just a screen warning for the charge!! A litte proof, you can plug the charger, and no flickering will happen whatsoever. In order to get rid of this annoying flickering when power gets low, just decrease the brightness of the screen as much as you can, you will find that the flickering will stop. Ouch, that was bugging me for days. I hope this helped :D

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if it is the same prob that all you guys had, but I had some "flashing" now and then while playing some games. Worked out that it only occurred while wifi was turned on: it was the games people pushing more ads. Now I always turn wifi off before playing those games.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes get the feeling that not everyone is observing the same thing.... The variety of theoretical causes and possible "fixes" is all over the place....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't think everyone is talking about the same issue either. I recommend turning off the auto brightness. I have mine off all the time now, haven't noticed any issues since. Plus auto brightness always set my brightness to minimal, was not very ideal in many cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair