Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default missing s calendar

    I see that the s-calendar is not on this device. I really liked the s calendar widget. It was nice and neat and allowed you to add notes to it.

    Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    1,129 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts

    Default Re: missing s calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by ccpopham View Post
    I see that the s-calendar is not on this device. I really liked the s calendar widget. It was nice and neat and allowed you to add notes to it.

    Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app
    You know I absolutely like this tablet. The screen is beautiful, and the size is really nice for media consumption and other tasks. However, I am a bit disappointed in Samsung's decision to exclude certain apps. Some people refer to these apps as "bloatware," but I actually find them quite helpful and useful for the way I use my devices. To name a few that I've learned are missing:

    Samsung Link = Allows the user to see and transfer photos, music, and files across your other Samsung devices.

    Samsung Hub = Allows the user to watch movies, play games, listen to music, and download books & magazines, and have all your content available across your other Samsung devices.

    S-Calendar = Allows users to take advantage of the s-pen, and scribble notes onto calendar appointments.

    For the life of me I cannot figure out why these apps are missing off the PRO 12.2? It seems reasonable that this tablet should lack nothing.
    mickeylittle777 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: missing s calendar

    They did the same thing with the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I waited for it and was disappointed in that while it was lighter and had a fantastic display the sNote and multi-Window features were horrible as compared to the original Note 10.1. Like you I don't get it. Why would Samsung obviously improve the hardware and leave off this, that, and the other that so many people did consider key elements on previous versions?

    Sammy, if you have your eyes and ears on please include some of these items in some updates...
  4. #4  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    1,129 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,137 Global Posts

    Default Re: missing s calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    They did the same thing with the Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I waited for it and was disappointed in that while it was lighter and had a fantastic display the sNote and multi-Window features were horrible as compared to the original Note 10.1. Like you I don't get it. Why would Samsung obviously improve the hardware and leave off this, that, and the other that so many people did consider key elements on previous versions?

    Sammy, if you have your eyes and ears on please include some of these items in some updates...
    The more I think about it I do believe Samsung has a whole department dedicated to scanning these tech forums to see what people are saying compared to what people are buying. I find that most people on tech sites are in the minority of their customer base. However, these are the people who scream the most about their dislike of what they call "bloatware."

    Samsung obviously listens to some of it and decided that in order to add some other features they needed to trim the amount of preinstalled apps? I for one do not have any problems with the Touchwiz launcher or any of the apps that come pre-installed. Tech bloggers, and forum posters jump and down at Sammy for not producing a stock android experience, but for me I do not like stock android, and find my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 so bland. For this reason they were passed on to my daughter.

    The omission of these apps must be to satisfy some of the negative comments, but I think people would complain against Samsung no matter what just because they are so big.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: missing s calendar

    I get that but we still have the Samsung App on our tablet so why in the world don't they put some of these bloatware apps that they needed to trim in their Samsung App store for some of us who happened to like them?

    Sorry but I just don't buy it. They could easily put them in that area any time they wanted to. I mean they have stuff like Flipboard in there so why not put something useful in there. Heck most any app in there that's any good I can already get from the Play Store.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: missing s calendar

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    I get that but we still have the Samsung App on our tablet so why in the world don't they put some of these bloatware apps that they needed to trim in their Samsung App store for some of us who happened to like them?

    Sorry but I just don't buy it. They could easily put them in that area any time they wanted to. I mean they have stuff like Flipboard in there so why not put something useful in there. Heck most any app in there that's any good I can already get from the Play Store.
    @DAS touchwiz has came a long way. I use to root and load something else, but i have not had the need to root and mod either the note 3 nor this tablet.

    @mickeylittle I also understand about the bloatware, but as you stated, it would be nice for Samsung to load it onto their app store and we could install it if we would like to. Let the users choose what they would like.

    Another issue not dealing with apps is that on this tab, either through Samsung or Android 4.4, their is a single line of code that has been changed so that apps can not longer save their data to the sd card. The sd card can only be used for media files, such as videos, music, or pictures. This issue will cause more space to be used on the internal memory. I hope that Samsung will change this in an update.

    I still believe this is the best tablet to have been released up till now!

    Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Moto G: Google keyboard app icon is missing
    By rvmeush in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 11:58 AM
  2. Galaxy S4: 4.4.2 missing apps
    By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 11:43 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 11:58 PM
  4. Moto X: Time zone for calendar
    By ttfn92 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:51 PM
  5. volume indocator missing? 4.3 xperia V
    By beermejo in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions