New here and have a question. What is the difference between tab and tablet?

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, everyone.
I picked up my Note 3 back in October and it's my first Android phone. Since then I have been loving this phone. Ditched all my iDevices beside my Macbook Pro.
After reading the reviews on Best Buy about the Samsung Tablet, I'm very anxious to get one! 😃 I never thought there will be a day when I become a Samsung fan! Wow! :D
I need a tablet to draw on. Sketching apps and my S-pen are very important to me. That's the main reason I want a larger tablet.

What is the difference between tab and tablet, is it only the size? There are so many different tablets, not sure which I need. I like the 12 inch screen though.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: New here and have a question.

Hi, everyone.
I picked up my Note 3 back in October and it's my first Android phone. Since then I have been loving this phone. Ditched all my iDevices beside my Macbook Pro.
After reading the reviews on Best Buy about the Samsung Tablet, I'm very anxious to get one!  I never thought there will be a day when I become a Samsung fan! Wow! :D
I need a tablet to draw on. Sketching apps and my S-pen are very important to me. That's the main reason I want a larger tablet.

What is the difference between tab and tablet, is it only the size? There are so many different tablets, not sure which I need. I like the 12 inch screen though.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Glad you are liking Android!
As for the difference, Tab and Tablet are pretty much the same. Samsung uses Tab in the names for marketing. As for your needs though, I think the only new tablet that Samsung has out supporting the SPen is the Note 12.

RussBad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: New here and have a question.

Since you like the S-Pen and 12 inches, get the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 in either the 32GB or 64GB. Galaxy Tabs don't have S-Pens like the Galaxy Notes.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Note 10.1 2014 edition is a nice tablet as well. The 12.2 is based off similar hardware specs to the 10.1 2014 edition just with a larger screen size. The screen size gives more space for a larger landscape keyboard and for more writing space when taking notes (assuming you write the same sized letters as you would on the 10.1) but not much else since in essence out of the box everything else is just scaled up to fit. If you root (which based on your posting of this thread I'm guessing is unlikely) and edit lcd density either globally or per app then the scaling issue can be mitigated somewhat and screen real estate use can be further maximized. The 12.2 is definitely larger and heavier to carry.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The Note 10.1 2014 edition is a nice tablet as well. The 12.2 is based off similar hardware specs to the 10.1 2014 edition just with a larger screen size. The screen size gives more space for a larger landscape keyboard and for more writing space when taking notes (assuming you write the same sized letters as you would on the 10.1) but not much else since in essence out of the box everything else is just scaled up to fit. If you root (which based on your posting of this thread I'm guessing is unlikely) and edit lcd density either globally or per app then the scaling issue can be mitigated somewhat and screen real estate use can be further maximized. The 12.2 is definitely larger and heavier to carry.

Yes the Note 10.1 2014 Edition is very light and works very much like the 12.2 just a 10 inch display as compared to a 12 inch display. I love the bigger display but I admit that there are times that I miss the normal size of the 10 inch tablet and the 1/2 pound lighter weight of the Note 10.1 2014 as well.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The 10.1 2014 is a fantastic machine - the display is outstanding and it's big enough for most things. It's a manageable size to carry around too. The 12.2 is also gorgeous, but a lot of apps don't make use of all the extra space - things are just magnified. I assume this will eventually change. I have both machines and find that I use the 12.2 for most things, but then I'm sitting down all day with it on my lap. I'd hate to have to carry it around for long. I do still use the 10.1 for some things, but it doesn't half seem small when you've been staring at the bigger screen all day! Of course, there's the issue of cost too. The 12.1 costs a big chunk of cash. As you mentioned sketching, I'd go for the 12.2. I don't think anything can beat the big screen & SPen combo - even my brother's Surface Pro didn't impress me as much.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance