Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evernote Android native handwriting?

This just hit today - anyone try it yet?

Evernote Blog | Remember everything.

It would be great to get some discussion going about this VS SNote. The comments on the blog post is mixed. At least the development of features is nice.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Evernote Android native handwriting?

It's a mixed bag IMO. Essentially Evernote is not S-pen enabled so handwriting with your fingertip vs S-Pen is indistinguishable (other than the fact that you can write better with a pen than a single finger). Also because it's not S-Pen enabled there is no pen-only mode (to reduce stray marks due to better palm rejection) and no pressure sensitivity to allow for more natural looking handwriting.

Placement of images into notes is limited and you can't resize them or move them around. Each time you alternate between putting an image inline with handwriting you're left with gaps between the various elements. Clunky.

That said, although S-Note is now integrated with Evernote it really is hamstrung by the fact that on other platforms there's no way to view your notes natively. On my macbook running the Evernote application I can view my Evernote notes that contain handwriting and images very easily, but S-Note notes open within the Evernote app appear too small as ugly, low resolution images that are practically unreadable on my retina display.
    Thanked by:
    mkhall 

Be nice if Evernote had a competitor with better file organization and attention to detail.

Try Quill. It's a really cool app for writing, doodling etc and it is especially sweet with the Note Pro.

Posted via Android Central App

Nobody ever mentions it but me so it must not be that good but I love Note Anytime. I can write, insert a text box where ever I want, change fonts, have all kinds of folders and sub-folders and with the lasso tool it does a great job of converting my written notes into typed text when ever I need that.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post

I can view my Evernote notes that contain handwriting and images very easily, but S-Note notes open within the Evernote app appear too small as ugly, low resolution images that are practically unreadable on my retina display.
    - - - Updated - - -

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by beeattitude View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Have you found a solution to this? I have the same problem
    Yup quite simple; I stopped using S-Note and switched to Papyrus. From within that (and this isn't the only app that allows it) I share my notes to Evernote as PDF files. I also have Papyrus set to sync to Dropbox which makes things much easier for me than having to rely on Evernote on all of my computers/devices.