Note Pro 12.2: Tempered Glass screen protector

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone came across a tempered glass screen protector for this beast yet?

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass screen protector

I just got my big beauty today and I didn't see anything when I looked but I'll keep looking :)

Posted via Android Central App

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I bet shipping those things would be a pain. I know that even with the little ones companies have issues with them breaking in the mail.

ಠ益ಠ

Last edited:

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I am hoping that Spigen comes out with one. I have theirs on my ipad and love it. In the meantime I have gotten Spigen's ultra clear one from Amazon.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Most promising lead I've found thus far is after several of us on XDA contacted MIME USA they've added an option for it on their site with an "Under Development" tag. Considering that it's only the second large tablet to get their ghost glass product (iPad Air looks to be the first) it seems like uncharted territory for them.

Hopefully it becomes available soon. I'll certainly buy one.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The things I learn reading here...
I had no idea these things even existed, lol.
The day I got my Note Pro I got a regular screen protector, like a plastic sheet thing, it has a couple of bubbles on the bezel but otherwise it's all clear and good.
How much weight does it add to the tablet? Because my cover is a Speck which I chose because it just works better for me but it is heavy.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Tempered glass adds minimal weight. Once you use a glass screen protector, you will never go back to plastic again. The most important thing when putting on a glass protector is the dust in the air that can get trapped under it. I believe there is youtube video that demonstrates using a shower on hot to get the dust out of the air when installing a glass protector on a phone, same concept would work here.

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Are they thick? And how difficult are they to apply? These are gorgeous displays, just got mine friday...it's amazing. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-P900 using AC Forums mobile app

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why anyone would need a screen protector if you have the tab in a good case and if you dont have bratty kids around or you are someone who isn't careful with tech. Plus the square trade policy covers shattered screen if it happens and the policy is very inexpensive. Seems sad to goop up such a gorgeous screen.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The screen can still be scratched and after you get the tab set up the way you want it, it is nit pleasant to go back through the whole process again, when you can just take off the shattered screen protector. You cant even tell the tempered glass ones are on so it doesnt "goop" up anything. I also have a special needs child and although my tab stays away from him, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I never use a screen protector on my devices since the plastic ones just aren't good. Having said that I would consider a glass one on my note pro or even my note 3 for that matter. My question is the touch and feel affected at all

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
No, the good ones feel just like the regular screen and they even have the finger print reduction chemical in them. The best one that I have found for the note 3 is by body guardz. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...overs-shields-skins-films.html&token=dkymHiUC The body guardz has a great replacement warranty. After you purchase one from them, a replacement is much reduced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang