S-Pen Parallax & Accuracy at Screen Edges

anon(8698822)

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm an artist, I've been using devices like the Cintiq Companion for a while and i'm thinking of buying a 12.2 for the road. The problem is Wacom digitizers always seem to lack accuracy at the edges & corners of the screen, which seriously hinders the drawing process. I was wondering if this is also the case for the Note 12.2 since the digitizer is made by Wacom. Also, since my local stores always remove the pen from display models I would like to get an idea of how much parallax is present on this model. (Parallax is an effect caused by the distance between where the pen tip touches the glass and where the mark appears on the screen, meaning if you look at the tablet from different angles the tip and the mark wont line up.).

So far, other forums haven't been able to help me find this stuff out since not many people have the tablet, I was hoping that one of you guys would be generous enough to break out the Note Pro and give it a thorough test?

1. Does the S-Pen lose accuracy at the corners at all whatsoever?
  2. Does the S-Pen lose accuracy at the edges at all whatsoever?
  3. Is there any Parallax at all whatsoever?
  4. Are there calibration options for the S-Pen?

Fingers crossed.

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm an artist, I've been using devices like the Cintiq Companion for a while and i'm thinking of buying a 12.2 for the road. The problem is Wacom digitizers always seem to lack accuracy at the edges & corners of the screen, which seriously hinders the drawing process. I was wondering if this is also the case for the Note 12.2 since the digitizer is made by Wacom. Also, since my local stores always remove the pen from display models I would like to get an idea of how much parallax is present on this model. (Parallax is an effect caused by the distance between where the pen tip touches the glass and where the mark appears on the screen, meaning if you look at the tablet from different angles the tip and the mark wont line up.).

So far, other forums haven't been able to help me find this stuff out since not many people have the tablet, I was hoping that one of you guys would be generous enough to break out the Note Pro and give it a thorough test?

1. Does the S-Pen lose accuracy at the corners at all whatsoever?
  2. Does the S-Pen lose accuracy at the edges at all whatsoever?
  3. Is there any Parallax at all whatsoever?
  4. Are there calibration options for the S-Pen?

Fingers crossed.

Hi I just got mine yesterday for drawing and so far I've made a few drawings and I noticed no difference in accuracy at the edges.

I didn't see any loss of accuracy near the edges.

And it surprised me even but absolutely no parallax. It lines up 100% wherever you put it... but....

I did not see any spen calibration :( there may be an app for that though. I'll look and report back once it is done charging (;

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8698822)

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's incredible! I hate to be a pest but, are you sure? I've literally never seen a wacom device with that kind of perfect digitizer performance. Are you using the 4G/LTE version? What storage size? Lack of calibration tools isn't a big deal if the precision is amazing from the get go (for example ntrig devices don't have calibration at all because of their accuracy).

Seriously, Thank you so much for providing some feedback, I've been searching for information on this for eons in internet time.

Kyle535

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's incredible! I hate to be a pest but, are you sure? I've literally never seen a wacom device with that kind of perfect digitizer performance. Are you using the 4G/LTE version? What storage size? Lack of calibration tools isn't a big deal if the precision is amazing from the get go (for example ntrig devices don't have calibration at all because of their accuracy).

Seriously, Thank you so much for providing some feedback, I've been searching for information on this for eons in internet time.

Haha you are welcome! I can put pictures up if that would help but I'm pretty sure. I've had tablets that are just awful with styli but this one worka great! I have the black wifi 32 gb version. ☺

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just got mine yesterday for drawing and so far I've made a few drawings and I noticed no difference in accuracy at the edges.

I didn't see any loss of accuracy near the edges.

And it surprised me even but absolutely no parallax. It lines up 100% wherever you put it... but....

I did not see any spen calibration :( there may be an app for that though. I'll look and report back once it is done charging (;

The Clover Paint drawing apps (Clover Paint/ Clover Memo Lite) allow you to calibrate the pen in the app. There may be others but this is one I've come across.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles