Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock ROM For Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" - SM-P900 (Best Buy - US)

OK, so I recently bought this device from Best Buy here in the States. And I thoughtlessly rooted it via ODIN without making a backup of the stock firmware/ROM. Everything continued to work fine, and I already knew that this process would invalidate my warranty and make me ineligible for OTA updates. Then I began removing stock apps one by one with Titanium. And that's where the trouble came. I already know how to use ODIN to both root and flash back to stock for Samsung devices, I did it many times with my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2.

So................now I'm in need of a link to a 100% official stock ROM, which I can keep backed-up so I can always flash back to it again when needed. I am unable to download anything thru Samsung Kies, as it requests my serial number (says it's in the battery compartment), but I cant access that area of the tablet and so can't input it. I have also found other sites on the Web purporting to have links to this ROM, but the links are all hosted on sites in other countries and appear to be country-specific, or specific to a particular carrier. A US version is the one thing that isn't showing up on any of these sites. I need one specifically for the US Best Buy Wi-Fi-only version (says Build Number: KOT49H.P900UEU1ANAE in the Settings > About section).

Thanks to anyone that can drop a link!

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Stock ROM For Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" - SM-P900 (Best Buy - US)

Try Sammobile. There should be a big library of stock ROMs there.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Stock ROM For Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" - SM-P900 (Best Buy - US)

Look on the XDA Forums. It is posted there.

From the XDA Forums

http://terafile.co/9e686899866e/P905...BTANA6_DBT.zip

I am also looking for the same at this point. I have downloaded the "unknown" firmware from sammobile. My problem is that have a uk language option only, with no keyboard symbols. all my z's are s's etc. This was after root. and the sammobile odin file. Now I am at a factory out of the box state, trying to find the correct firmware for the US. The link provided for xda is for the LTE version. My UK build # is KOT49H.P900UEU1ANAE which is the same as above. Kies3 doesnt support this tablet yet. Cant figure it out why I have the language issues.....
    Sent from the Note3, or the big ol' 12.2 PRO
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@ jackwagon: Not sure about why you're having language issues, I'm pretty sure US and UK keyboards for mobile devices should be very similar, if not identical. I went searching on sammobile and found what appears to be the correct rom. Create an account there (yes, it's required if you want to download files), then click on "firmware" at the top of the website, then search for "sm-p900". You should get a long list of files. The one by Cellular South appears to be the correct file and matches the model # for our tablet. and even though CS is the provider it's still for the Wi-Fi-only version, to my knowledge the SM-P900 isnt capable of using cellular services (3G, 4G, etc). Flash that with Odin (I used v3.09) and then do a factory reset (some of my apps were still left behind after flashing, hence the need for a reset afterwards). Then you can root if you wish, although you will of course not be able to get OTA updates if you do, and then there's the warranty issue. But that can be fixed by re-flashing the stock rom.

Hope that helped!

I happened to stop in a best buy to look at demo model. Same build, so that is good. The Sammy guy there was very helpful, and offered to take a look. What the heck, even though my Knox is tripped, what could it hurt? He was surprised how it was stuck on UK- he then flashed it with some kind of proprietary software that was neither Kies or Odin. Flashed the same build and there it was.....symbols are back. So, if you don't get English (US) upon setup, which I didn't even have as an option before reflashing at BestBuy, you won't get symbols. The only thing I can think of, is that when I rooted, the recovery with root was from the Southern Europe build.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sent from the Note3, or the big ol' 12.2 PRO

I lost symbols as well when I rooted. Xposed framework with the Samsung Alt Symbols module brought them back.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It is really strange that at least 2 people have reported losing symbols after rooting. Are you sure that this came about as the result of rooting? Or maybe it was flashing the wrong variation of the stock ROM that made you lose them? I didnt notice anything amiss after doing either, everything seemed to be pretty much the same, and back to normal. I used the instructions on the following page to root (but they can be found on many other sites too):

How to root Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P900, SM-P905) [Guide] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

I also used the same instructions for flashing the stock ROM, but instead substituted the ROM file for Chainfire's root file, everything else was identical. And I also used Odin v3.09 instead of v3.07, but I dont think that would make any difference.

I'm curious why this has happened to you guys, I may try to re-root/re-flash tonight to see if I lose symbols too. On a sidenote, I'm using Google Keyboard instead of the stock Samsung Keyboard as the default, and converted it into a stock app with Titanium Backup, so maybe that has made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Wayne Hamilton View Post
    It is really strange that at least 2 people have reported losing symbols after rooting. Are you sure that this came about as the result of rooting? . . .
    I believe the missing symbols are due to a locale issue. If the system locale, and the locale of the handwriting recognition are not both set to "English US," then the symbols will disappear.

See this thread on XDA: New firmware, AND4 - xda-developers

Why does anyone even use android central...? It became irrelevant years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Banefire View Post
    Look on the XDA Forums. It is posted there.

From the XDA Forums
    File not found. I really wish for the ROM up-loader would us reliable services with truly free downloads. Like Sourceforge. Or even better: Post a link to the original download from Samsung itself.