Insurance

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm paying Verizon $8 per month for insurance on my tablet. Is there any third party companies that offer coverage for a better price? Are they reliable.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Square trade is pretty popular. Keep in mind that they don't cover loss or theft like Verizon. And they will only pay up to cost of the device. Verizon allows two replacements a year

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What does your $8.00/month get you?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Loss, theft, physical and water damage. Two claims max per year
. There is a deductible

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to email my insurance agent about this . I insure 10K worth of camera equipment for theft and accidental damage. $50 deductable and only 67$ a year. My Tablet and Note 3 should be much less than that....I'll let you know what I find out.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Assuming the VZW coverage is $8/device correct? If I already have this on my GN3, I'd also have to get it for my GP12.2 correct?

Verizon asurion covers the active device on the line at time of peril. So if you were to activate the tablet on the gn3 line and it were to get damaged while on the line, then it would be covered. But if you are using it on another line then that line would have to have insurance too.

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I found the Verizon Wireless insurance through Assurion to be ridiculously expensive, especially when you factor in the hefty deductible you'd have to pay in the event of a loss. I went with Square Trade.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Be careful with your devices and put the insurance money in a jar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app