Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen flickering problems galaxie note pro 12.2 problem resolved

Anyone having screen flickering problems with there note 12.2 pro tablet will need to do a refresh install of kit kat. The Samsung rep at best buy did that for me and it seemed to have solved my screen flickering problem. It's a softwear issue but can be fixed with a simple update from kit kat. Just a FYI to everyone.

Default Re: screen flickering problems galaxie note pro 12.2 problem resolved

Didn't you post earlier after having exchanged your tablet? Was your replacement flickering too? I'm having this problem when I watch videos. Otherwise there is no flickering. The audio gives off static noises during the glitching. Is this a hard reboot that requires reinstallation of my apps, or merely an update? Could you have avoided the return hassle with this simple software fix?

I've got the same problem. How do you reinstall kit kat?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went to best buy and the Samsung rep reinstalled kitkat. No problem after that. All is good. Show him these post so that he knows. My samsung rep knew nothing before I came to him with the problem.

Hello!
    I had this problem but it disappeared completely. I received a small update yesterday (~125MB) and the flickering is still gone except for one thing. When I boot the tablet up and it says... SAMSUNG GALAXY Note | PRO SM-P900 there is one flicker. Then it is fine.
    I know it's a small detail but I was wondering if anyone is having this "issue" (not really an issue)

Thanks!

I think that 'flicker' during start up is just due to the system initializing the video mode.
    Thanked by:

I'm thinking that's all it is as well... Thank you pdxham!

Yea, I have the same thing happening on mine. Just like you, it only happens at start up.

Posted via Android Central App on my GALAXY Note | PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Pen 27 View Post
    Hello!
    I had this problem but it disappeared completely. I received a small update yesterday (~125MB) and the flickering is still gone except for one thing. When I boot the tablet up and it says... SAMSUNG GALAXY Note | PRO SM-P900 there is one flicker. Then it is fine.
    I know it's a small detail but I was wondering if anyone is having this "issue" (not really an issue)

Thanks!
    Yea, I have the same thing happening on mine. Just like you, it only happens at start up.

Posted via Android Central App on my GALAXY Note | PRO

Start up flicker happens every time consistently for me as well. I don't think this is normal by any means as I've owned many tablets that haven't done this but it seems to be a normal thing on the Note 12.2 running Kit Kat.

No screen flickering on my np12.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    No screen flickering on my np12.2.
    Even on a reboot or if you shut down/restart? If not are you on 4.4.2 and did you update with the 150 meg update a couple weeks ago?

I get a single flicker in the SAMSUNG GALAXY Note Pro SM-P900 logo in the beginning of boot but I fail to see why this is an issue. Once booted up I experience no other screen flickering issues.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Yes I have the same issue - I am still in my return period for 2 more days. I wonder if I should exchange it. Also I had the Netflix and Youtube flickering issue but by restarting the tablet, the flickering went away, and it did not reappear except in the beginning of boot.

Also I went to Best Buy and tried the tablets on display both the 12.2 and the 10.1 and at restart reboot they did not have any flickering . Makes me wonder...
    Last edited by wintertrader; 05-26-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Just posted this fix in the other thread, it worked for me. The app "note pro screensaver" wouldn't run without flickering a ton, until I did this. Some videos also wouldn't play without flickering (like the ones in businessweek).

Enable developer options in settings (go to about device and tap Build Number 7+ times).

In developer options, under hardware-accelerated rendering, check "turn off hardware overlays". You can also check "force GPU rendering", but I've found the former is all that's necessary.
    Thanked by:

I tired all of the above and found I still had the flickering...I installed a gravity screen app so the device would turn off when laid down flat...then set my screen time out in settings to a higher number as I found the screen was flickering to try and stay on when within an app and the screen time out was set to 30 seconds...I don't know if it will work for anyone but it is working for me so far.
    beh

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts

The single flash across the screen at boot is not uncommon. I have had it for years on various versions of Windows for example. I think the statement that is caused by the video being initiated is probably correct.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900