Apps running in the background

mikepahl318

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Why would you want that?

Android is optimized for background apps. Keeping them in memory is much faster than having to access them every time you need them.

The days of needing app killers is LONG gone.

John Ball1

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Because I'm new to android? Because it doesn't appear as though I'm getting 10 hours out of my battery? Because I don't need to have all those apps open.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You can just swipe them away from the recently used button. Most close when you do that.

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone into settings then apps and disabled some of the bloatware? You can disable some of it, not all of it, but at least some and it will make a difference on battery. Also using a lighter home screen replacement like lightning will increase your battery as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget that some apps use more power than others. If you play games that really eats up the battery. I have noticed that playing a video runs more power on this device than on my ipad. Am thinking it is because the screen is darker so the darker scenes require a brighter screen. Have tried the different screen displays without noticing any change.

When you are on the main screen, tap on the little icon to the left of your button below the screen. That will bring up the task manager. Then either close all or you can flick each mini app screen to just close certain apps. FYI: On the galaxy note 3 you have to hold the button down to get the same screen. You can do the same thing with ipads as well by pushing down twice on the button. All tablets/smartphones have something similar and it is always a good idea to periodically close everything down to save on battery power. How often to do that will depend on how many apps you use in a given time. If you are opening a bunch of apps each day then you will benefit doing that each day. Personally I do it when I remember whether it is everyday or once a week or usually in most cases when I happen to think about it!O:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie