slow charging on galaxy note pro 12.2

sdaisy824

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone experience slow charging on the note pro, my charge slow and it's with original charger that came with it. Does anyone know where to get a long cable and that can charge faster.

Posted via Android Central App

Fruuk

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe it's normal for the Note Pro to take a long time to charge on account of its big battery. I tend to give it an overnight charge and I'm good to go for the whole of the next day.

I would like a longer cable too if anyone knows where to get one.

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Amazon carries USB 3.0 cables that work fine for charging. I have a 4ft and 15ft from amazon

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
If you are using it while charging it will be slow and if you are below 10 or 15% it won't charge at all if you're using it. I usually put it on the charger at night when I go to bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

blue13x

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Basically the wifi version charges slowly. The LTE version has a qualcomm 800 cpu which has the quickcharge function.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sherylita

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I had one that just gave out and wouldn't charge. My 2nd Note Pro is starting to charge really slow and giving me error messages to use my original charger, when I am using it.

Erik Van Gorp

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem after updating to 4.4.2. It only charged when off. When the device was on, it mentioned 'not charging' in the battery status, but in fact it did charge very slowly when the device was not in use, about 5% per hour.
Also when used, the battery was draining more quickly than before the upgrade.

This solved it for me:
- reboot in recovery mode (hold volume up, button and power while booting)
- clear cache partition
- reboot.

Looks like something in the cache is causing the system to consume (almost) more power than is supplied by the adapter...

Tom Dollard

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Whoever wrote
"- reboot in recovery mode (hold volume up, button and power while booting)
- clear cache partition
- reboot."
SEEMS! to have found the solution of not charging when note pro 12.2 is on. I did it and it's now charging even while on....let's see.

Wol747

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing all sorts of peculiar things - it's only a week old - such as not switching on at all unless I plug it in (then it's showing plenty of charge, so it's not empty) or not charging at all. I left it switched off and on charge all night only to find it only 31% after 12 hours. Looks like another Samsung disaster.....

Wol747

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Update: Thankfully all the problems - some of which were intermittent - were on display when I took it into Bing Lee. They organised a replacement and it was with me within 24 hrs; good work from what is known as a box-shifter company!

The new one seems to work, so far - except that (like the dud one) it will not screen mirror.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Basically the wifi version charges slowly. The LTE version has a qualcomm 800 cpu which has the quickcharge function.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Would using the Fast Charge charger that came with my Note 4 take advantage of quick charge function on my Verizon Note Pro?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Would using the Fast Charge charger that came with my Note 4 take advantage of quick charge function on my Verizon Note Pro?

No.

Note 4 has adaptive fast charging which needs a combination of a charger that switches between high and low voltage output to the device AND a device that has the charging circuitry and software internally to handle it. Simply having one of the two will not make it work.

Seamas R

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Slightly Different Charging Symptoms - No charge using usb 3.0 cord

My tablet originally worked well. With the usb 3 and original charger, I could power up from below 50% to full in 3 or 4 hours. Occasionally, if it was not available, I would charge with a regular micro usb. It would charge, but as expected, was very slow.

Now, any time I try to charge with a usb 3, the unit will charge (per the battery lighting on the home page) maybe for a few minutes and stop. Or it will not charge at all. If I use a micro usb, it charges at the slower rate.

Thinking it might be a cord problem, purchased both OEM and aftermarket cords. Tried other chargers. No change. Will only occasionally charge on usb 3 for a few minutes if at all. The unit charges consistently, the slow way, with a micro usb.

OK, now I think it is a problem with the port on the tablet. Purchased new port / ribbon cable, opened unit, and replaced. No change in behavior.

It is a challenge to keep the unit charged with just the micro usb. Have to be on alert and plug in whenever possible.

Anybody else run into this and have a possible software or hardware solution?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What's charge time like with the unit turned off? When you replaced the port how did the battery look, any signs of swelling?

Seamas R

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Nothing noticeable on the battery. Looks pristine. And if I can get it up to near 100% charge I can get 5-6 hours of heavy use out of it so I don't think it is a battery problem.

With slow micro usb charging, and unit off, it charges from about 25% to full overnight, about 8 hours. But if I am using it, even when plugged in, charging can't keep up and I slowly lose charge.

Seamas R

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I think it may end up being a battery problem after all. As time has gone on, even regular usb charging has glitches. I downloaded the suggested battery monitor. What I see is that I am having problems as the battery gets to about 110 degrees F. I think a safety cuts off charging (although the tablet continues to run). Would be nice if the operating system popped up a message. I would have been able to diagnose almost immediately.

Does anyone know a source for OEM replacement batteries?I can find some generic or other brand units but am leery of quality and safety issues. Off brand batteries may not have the safeties that are presently preventing a thermal runaway.

Have tried to find an "official" source through Samsung's Web site but no luck.

Also, what is the part number for this? I could open the back again to see but I'd like to minimize opening and closing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood