Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddavtian
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar Sync with Note 3

I cannot get my Note 3 calendar to sync with my calendar on my Note 12.2 pro. I've tried Bluetooth, Samsung Switch, and Samsung account Sync and still nothing. Can anyone help me? I just want my phones calendar to show up on my tablet!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Calendar Sync with Note 3

Mine just sync automatically when I went on line to google play store. Am thinking it would sync to google account when I went online with both devices. Note 3 first then 12.2. Don't remember doing anything other than making sure when I started to use it that I had checked it to sync to cloud.

Are you using Google calendar and the same Google account on both devices?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Make sure that the main google email address used for your note 3 is the same you use for your note pro.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm using the stock Calendar that comes on your Note 3 and Note Pro.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

You will need to sync your calendars to your Google account. They sync using Google as middle man, not directly with each other.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

And then activate the Gmail same Gmail account in both calendars settings. I turn off the stock calendar as it is only stored locally and can cause duplication of entries.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Is there not a way to sync the stock Samsung calendar? I like the layout on that one better than Goggles. I know, call me crazy but I don't like the Google one.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Heh, I didn't know there was a stock calendar as well as the Google one. I just selected the only calendar that I saw on my Note and it synced with Google.

Where is the stock one?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You can use the stock one, just go to settings and turn on your Google calendar in it.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    You can use the stock one, just go to settings and turn on your Google calendar in it.

I went to settings and I don't see that option to turn on Google calendars. I must really be an *****! Where at in settings.

OK sorry not in the Samsung calendars settings it is in the calendars part of it. See below.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calendar Sync with Note 3-1397509916602.jpg   Calendar Sync with Note 3-1397509934461.jpg  
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I did that and it won't work.

OK now go android settings-accounts-google then click your Google account and then be sure calendar is checked for syncing.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I did that too! I don't know what's wrong.

I'm not sure either. You got me on this one. My calendars all sync up across my devices.

I think at this point I would take it in to Best Buy and ask the samsung people for help. Sounds like there is a setting or something that isn't working right or turn on correctly,

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzin Eddie View Post
    I did that too! I don't know what's wrong.

When you login to your Google account on a computer do you see your appointments in the Google calendar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Was wondering if you might be able to help me with the sync issue as well? I have 2 gmail calendars set up that I previously had synced with my Note 2. I just got the Note 3 yesterday and I have set them both up in my accounts and set them up in my calendar to sync to the phone, but neither of them are syncing, and when I created a "test" appointment to see if it synced to my husbands phone (we share a calendar so that we're on the same schedule) but it won't show up on his either. And yes, I did select the correct calendar when setting the appointment.. Any advice? I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy with these phones, and this has me stumped!

Did you ever get your calendars to sync? I'm having the same issue. I never had this problem with my Note 2. Just my Note 3

After you make a test appointment on your note, go online into your Gmail account and verify that the appointment is there. If it is there then the issue is on the backend syncing from the other phone to the accout. If it isn't there then the problem is on the front end of the phone which you made the appointment on not syncing to the Google calendar.

beh

Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts

You may wish to actually remove your Gmail account(s) from your Note 3, reboot, and then reinstall the Gmail account(s). To me it sure sounds like an error in the login handshake many times caused by a simple input error in the Gmail account information or the port settings choice when setting up the account on the Note 3. I would suggest you also confirm type of account you are using (POP or IMAP) between the Note 3 and Gmail. Since the accounts were syncing on the Note 2 the Gmail end would seem to be working.

Within calendar app, click on menu icon, see if you have the right calendar(s) selected, to be shown. You may have them synced, but not visible.
    beh likes this.
    beh

Global Posts
    1,413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
    Within calendar app, click on menu icon, see if you have the right calendar(s) selected, to be shown. You may have them synced, but not visible.
    Excellent point. don't ask me how I know this ;^)