Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 can't read mass storage device ( P905)

I tried 2 different mass storage devices fat32 / NTFS (500GB) neither of them worked. I tested the fat32 with note 3 N900 and note 10.1 2014
    both worked with no problems.

Help needed is it hardware or software issue ?

Does the Note 12.2 generate enough power to run self powered mass storage devices? or we have to use powered USB Hub ?

My note pro doesn't run any kind of mass storage devices ( I'm not rooted )
    One says external power needed and the other one keep ticking .

my Note 3 run them with no problems.

any one with note pro pls test and advice back.

Default Re: samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 can't read mass storage device ( P905)

Are you using a USB otg connector to connect it to your note port?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    Are you using a USB otg connector to connect it to your note port?

Sure I use it with my note 3 n900 with no problems.

Then I'm not sure maybe others can help with this issue, but it maybe something to do with kitkat and not the note pro like the SD card issue.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    Then I'm not sure maybe others can help with this issue, but it maybe something to do with kitkat and not the note pro like the SD card issue.

Thanks. did you try mass storage device?

My note pro will read a fat32 1 TByte hard drive. I had the same issue until it was suggested that I might have the demo Android 4.4 os. I did a reset and it works now.

Posted via Android Central App

Same issue here have a Patriot 128gb usb 3 flash drive and its not recognised, same drive and usb otg cable works with my note 3?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My note pro will read a fat32 1 TByte hard drive. I had the same issue until it was suggested that I might have the demo Android 4.4 os. I did a reset and it works now.

Posted via Android Central App

Do you suggest to do factory rest? is your 1 TByte self powered?

Hi guys,

Same problem here. My USB 3.0 64 GB does not work when connected to my galaxy tab pro via OTG adapter. I am not sure whether the issue caused by the USB 3.0. flash drive because all my USB 2 flash drives work.

Has anybody found the solution yet that really works?

Regards
    beh

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts

Using an OTG cable from T&S Electronics and a USB 3.0 SD card reader from Saicoo my 12.2 reads and opens files from a Scandisk SD card formatted as FAT32. However using the same OTG cable and an external 500 GB HD formatted NTS my 12.2 recognizes a "blank" mass storage device and doesn't see any HD contents.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Using an OTG cable from T&S Electronics and a USB 3.0 SD card reader from Saicoo my 12.2 reads and opens files from a Scandisk SD card formatted as FAT32. However using the same OTG cable and an external 500 GB HD formatted NTS my 12.2 recognizes a "blank" mass storage device and doesn't see any HD contents.
    These are my symptoms as well. It reads my 2TB HDD however says it's a blank drive and provides no access.

- 13.3 MBP Retina
    - Verizon LG G3
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
    - Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    - NVIDIA Shield Tablet
    beh

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts

This is definitely an issue that Google needs to address with Android. With most of the HD's connected or connecting to PCs are now formatted in NTFS the ability to read these drives is critical for business uses of the Pro 12.2. IMHO While all of this data could be first transferred to a cloud and then accessed by the Pro 12.2 the idea of transferring tens of Terabits of data to the clould so one can access one's own work is an unneccsary step. In truth it would be far more efficient to sell the Pro 12.2 and continue to use a PC.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

Had issues with various hard drives but eventually got a 500gb one to work by formatting it exFAT. Out of the box Android doesn't do NTFS and the two NTFS apps that I tried (Paragon was one, I forget the other) didn't work for me.

I really have no need to plug a HDD into this thing on a regular basis so connectivity isn't a big deal to me. I merely went through the exercise to see what could be done. I do however see the need for those of you who are looking to use the tablet as a laptop replacement. For me, my tab is a supplement to my laptop.

I'd say experiment with exFAT using the various allocation sizes to see what works.