How do I put movies on it?

deaner1029

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I loaded a couple mp4 movies onto my SD card and it won't play them. It says can not find application to perform this action. So I thought I'll move them to the device storage because I know they changed something in kitkat that doesn't allow you to save stuff on the SD card. Still they won't play. I can't even get them to show up in doubletwist or in the play movies app. Is there a way to put movies on my SD card and how do I do it? Also what file format do they need to be?

Posted via Android Central App

Mickeylittle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I loaded a couple mp4 movies onto my SD card and it won't play them. It says can not find application to perform this action. So I thought I'll move them to the device storage because I know they changed something in kitkat that doesn't allow you to save stuff on the SD card. Still they won't play. I can't even get them to show up in doubletwist or in the play movies app. Is there a way to put movies on my SD card and how do I do it? Also what file format do they need to be?

Posted via Android Central App

Strange. My MP4s play fine unless they are from Apple! Try rebooting your tablet, popping your micro card out and back in, and you can also try using MX video player from the Play Store but the stock Video player should work.

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually thanks to kitkat you can move your google play store movies to the sd card rather than have them on the device's internal memory. I have my movies all on either a sd card or a flash drive connected to a micro to OTG cable. Works great. They play fine with the built in players. You do have to convert them to a format like m4v etc. The only ones that I can't get to work are the itunes mp4 movies like Mickeylittle said. Hopefully google and apple will come up with an agreement to make itunes compatible soon!