Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bill-e
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seems like I have no more use for the Note Pro 12.2

If you guys have read my other posts, you'd know that I was traveling for about a month and needed either an ultrabook or replacement and I choose the Note Pro 12.2, which I picked up on its first day of release from VZW. Now that my trip is done and back on my desktop and my Galaxy Note 2 phone, I see that I have no more use for the tablet.

It's too big to carry around, as my Note 2 is basically a tablet as well and it fits in my pocket and for doing anything more serious that checking emails or the web, I can always wait till I get home to use the desktop.

So, it was nice while it lasted I guess!!!
    Samsung Galaxy Note II - VZW
    Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VZW

Default Re: Seems like I have no more use for the Note Pro 12.2

I'll be glad to take it release you of the burden, if you want. I'll even pay for shipping! (as long as the tablet is free, of course :P hehehe)

PS: I know a 12-inch device is a little bigger than it's comfortably manageable for a tablet, but with so many Remote Desktop options out there (even Chrome's which came out of beta today), you could be using your tablet to access your computer at home, anytime, anywhere on a DECENT screen (try doing that with the Note 2, albeit it being a phablet).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I don't know that I want to access my desktop remotely, I don't see the point of it. The good thing about using the desktop, is the fact that it is a desktop with a proper keyboard and mouse. And I run dual large screens. There are no particular files here that I would need access to from outside the home.

Also the issue with the Note Pro 12.2 is not that it's 12.2", I would have the same dilemma if it was 10.1 or even 8. If it doesn't fit in my pocket I have no use for it, because my phone is already a very competent tablet. And soon the Galaxy Note 4 phone will come out which will make carrying a tablet even less of a need.

Ebay, end of story.

Does that mean you are not going to be traveling ever again? If you only used it the one time then that was a very expensive toy!

Unbelievable!

I'll buy it if you can't return it I could use a vzw version to go with my wifi enabled 12.2 I also have a tab 12.2 for my kid

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by onewac View Post
    Does that mean you are not going to be traveling ever again? If you only used it the one time then that was a very expensive toy!
    Actually, the answer is Yes and you are totally correct. I'd need it when I travel, same with carrying a laptop in those cases. I have no wish to return it or sell it, I think it's a stellar device, which still be cutting-edge a year from now. I am sure it will come in handy soon enough. But for now it's turned off and put away...

I guess my point is how good the new Samsung Phablets are that make such tablets not needed on normal circumstances. And add to that I hope Samsung will go up to 6" on the Note 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    I'll buy it if you can't return it I could use a vzw version to go with my wifi enabled 12.2 I also have a tab 12.2 for my kid
    Thanks for the offer. but am not selling, I'm going to need it when travel. Cheers...

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

So I travel between 35 and 45 weeks a year and I've lightened my backpack by switching over to the Note Pro LTE. I also have a Note 3 and while actually in transit it is my primary device. But once at the location I switch to the Note Pro.

I agree that there is nothing like my blazingly fast dual monitor desktop at home and I will use that before the Note Pro any day of the week, but while on travel I'm more than pleased with my purchase...plus with the LTE I no longer have to bother to PDANet my devises,

And Yes, I would not be without my Note 3 either. We're just lucky enough to be able to own more than one device.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk
    SHIVA77 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by bill-e View Post
    So I travel between 35 and 45 weeks a year and I've lightened my backpack by switching over to the Note Pro LTE. I also have a Note 3 and while actually in transit it is my primary device. But once at the location I switch to the Note Pro.

I agree that there is nothing like my blazingly fast dual monitor desktop at home and I will use that before the Note Pro any day of the week, but while on travel I'm more than pleased with my purchase...plus with the LTE I no longer have to bother to PDANet my devises,

And Yes, I would not be without my Note 3 either. We're just lucky enough to be able to own more than one device.
    Roger that, on all the points above.

I have the notes 8, 10.1 2014 and the pro 12.2. I find myself often using the 10.1 for bs stuff (like right now) , the 12.2 for writing and SOME bs stuff, and the 8 rarely, it just feels so small now as does my lg gpad 8.3. I'm hoping we finally get kit kat and hancom office availability for the 2014 note 10. I was shocked yesterday when My lg gpad got kit kat. C ' Mon samsung and hancom get with it!

I'll give you $50.00

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Also, one of the other reasons that I stopped using the Note Pro 12.2, even though I could potentially take it to a cafe with me is that, last time I did this, the barista didn't put the lid on the coffee cup tight enough, (in fact it was loose) and I accidentally tipped over the paper cup and it spilled all over the table and very dangerously got close to my tablet. I have pretty good reflexes and the first thing I yanked away was the Note Pro. Had the top been tight, it would have had just a few drops of spill. Thankfully there was no damage, but considering how good my phone is, I rather not risk my tablet like that.

At least you didn't put your note pro on the roof of a company car after being flustered by the car alarm going off and then remember it was there only seconds before it slips off at 60 mph on the freeway. Imagine the horror you'd feel as you watch in the side view mirror a truck hit it and it shatters into dozens of pieces....

True story. Probably the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. Taught me to slow my life down a notch and not be in such a rush all of the time. I'm now on my second note pro. This one will get a square trade policy lol.

I give you 500.00
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    At least you didn't put your note pro on the roof of a company car after being flustered by the car alarm going off and then remember it was there only seconds before it slips off at 60 mph on the freeway. Imagine the horror you'd feel as you watch in the side view mirror a truck hit it and it shatters into dozens of pieces....

True story. Probably the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. Taught me to slow my life down a notch and not be in such a rush all of the time. I'm now on my second note pro. This one will get a square trade policy lol.
    This is a sad story. I feel your pain, as the famous saying goes. What I left out from my story was that, the damn coffee up was full, I had just put it down, and with the top being loose the entire content spilled on the table and although I moved fast to get the tablet out of the way, it got on the Zagg keyboard and ruined it. But I did get the Zagg swapped that day. The tablet was untouched.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I started using it today for the first time in a month. What a tablet! Fast and super clear screen. Looking forward to the Note 4 (phone) with similar experience..