Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Screen Mirroring not working "hardware conflict"

Miss_Jaynee

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to operate screen mirroring? I'm trying to connect to my Samsung Smart TV. I want to mirror the screen so I can see the files on the Note.
I turn on screen mirroring on the TV. Then I do the same on the Note.
The message on the TV is to turn on the allshare cast. All I get is a "hardware conflict" message on the Note. I've also tried enabling nearby devices but that does nothing either to mirror the screen.

Allshare seems only to work with photos/videos/music. When I want to share the photos/videos and music, I enable nearby devices and it works fine. No so with screen mirroring.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jaynee

Last edited by a moderator:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen Mirroring not working "hardware conflict"

Mirroring doesn't work with mine either....same error.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

From the manual page 121:

Screen Mirroring
To share your device’s screen with another device, enable Screen Mirroring.
1. From the Settings screen, touch Connections tab ➔ Screen Mirroring.
2. Touch the OFF/ON button next to Share your device’s screen with another device to turn Screen Mirroring ON .
Available devices are listed.
3. Touch Scan to find more devices.
4. Touch Menu ➔ Help to for more information.

There is another section in the manual on page 120 that deals with advances settings for nearby devices which may help.

One other thought, when I asked about connectors, the samsung rep in the local BB said that only the $60 adapter will work, the $40 one won't. Has something to do with the chip inside the adapter. They couldn't get other adapters to work such as rocketfish etc. I have not tried to do a screen mirroring yet but plan on it for a presentation next month so am interested in this issue.

Last edited:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I tried it with a 2013 Samsung Smart TV which works with my Note 3. Does not work with the Note Pro 12.2

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Root breaks screen mirroring. Un root and it returns. Haven't heard of anyone with a hardware issue running a stock (unrooted) device. Anyone having that issue stock?

Posted via Android Central App

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Root breaks screen mirroring. Un root and it returns. Haven't heard of anyone with a hardware issue running a stock (unrooted) device. Anyone having that issue stock?

You have now. Verizon Note Pro 12.2

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I had a problem when I first tried it using the samsung hdmi adaptor ($60 works but $39 doesn't). I had turned on the screen mirroring on 12.2 and kept coming up with no devices found, unplug connector. End up the problem was forgetting to switch the source on the projector to hdmi instead of computer. Once I did that, replugged the cable to tablet and turn screen mirroring back on it worked fine. Such a simple fix I was muttering to myself "what a dummy, should have figured that one out!".

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I had a problem when I first tried it using the samsung hdmi adaptor ($60 works but $39 doesn't). I had turned on the screen mirroring on 12.2 and kept coming up with no devices found, unplug connector. End up the problem was forgetting to switch the source on the projector to hdmi instead of computer. Once I did that, replugged the cable to tablet and turn screen mirroring back on it worked fine. Such a simple fix I was muttering to myself "what a dummy, should have figured that one out!".

Glad you figured it out!

You have now. Verizon Note Pro 12.2

For clarification, are you using the term "screen mirroring" as in using an HDMI cable, or via wifi to a samsung dongle?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Glad you figured it out!

For clarification, are you using the term "screen mirroring" as in using an HDMI cable, or via wifi to a samsung dongle?

Is there a difference in the terms? It does not specify in the screen mirroring section of the manual or on the screen window. Am guessing the term is interchangeable. I used the samsung MHL HDTV smart adapter connecting the 12.2 to a HDMI cable to the projector. I have not tried it with my samsung smart tv because I haven't had a need to do so. Am guessing it would be same hookup if you used an adapter. Have also not tried to use screen mirroring via wi fi haven't the need. On the adapter box it says for connecting MHL enabled phone (whatever that means!) to HDTV or computer monitor. It also says to use standard HDMI cable and micro charging cable both sold separately. When I hooked it up I just use a hdmi cable but no charging cable. I am guessing that if you use it for very long it may drain the battery but am not sure about that.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
unazy6uh.jpg

As you can see, screen mirroring is an actual feature of our tablet. This particular function is used wirelessly to a samsung dongle connected to your tv. It is connected via hdmi. It basically takes the place of of your cable. So yes, the term can be interchangeable. However, I also have the mhl adapter, and it does not work on my Vizio, but any samsung tv in the house works fine. Yes it will drain the battery.
Mhl stands for "mobile high definition link" and all tv's are not mhl ready. For some reason, Samsung tv's have no issue. .... Go figure. All you should have to do is plug it to work with a cord.

So, my tablet is rooted, and I lost the ability to use the wireless feature. I was never able to use the cord and mhl adapted on my Vizio like I said, but while stock I could via the wireless method.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for info. I used the screen mirror option in the settings section after I didn't get a response just using the screen mirror on the pull down. That was solved after a few senior moments when I figured out I needed to switch the source on projector. I just tried it with my sam tv and it didn't work. However I do not have the wireless attachment so can't connect wirelessly to internet etc, didn't want to spent the extra $$ to get it and would have had to order it since none were in stock and it was a backorder thing, plus I just forgot about it. I have not dug out a hdmi cable to try it that way with tv. It isn't something that is high on my list to figure out. My main concern was using the projector for presentations. As long as I can get that part to work I am good. Can't give a presentation or class to seniors without illustrations or demos! Makes life much easier, when I can hook up all my "toys" to demo with.

It does say that not all tvs have the capability to do the wireless so maybe your tv is just copping an attitude with you! I don't root my devices mainly because I haven't found a need to and because it voids the warranty so that makes me gun shy! Must be something in the rooting that takes away some features, maybe it is samsung's way of getting back at you for rooting. That is ashame that you lost that wireless ability just because you rooted it. Hope you can get something working for you.

os2triax

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Screen mirroring is broke. I'm having the same problem but if I reboot the tablet it'll connect and work fine. Once I disconnect/turnoff screening mirroring I get the same error of hardware connect when I try to connect the table to the dongle and this happens with Samsung dongle and the Startech dongle. Samsung needs to fix them now. I have a galaxy s5 which connects everytime without any errors.

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine just worked last night after not working before....no software updates.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a factory standard wifi only Note Pro 12.2". I am wanting to send the display to my 22" widescren HP w2207 computer monitor, which has vga and DVI inputs. Had some success with a digitek mhl to hdmi with a hdmi to DVI adapter, but aspect ratio was not good: looked like a 4:3 display on a widescreen tv. Also, this adapter was a 5-pin mhl with a separate 5-pin to 9 pin adapter supplied, but I found this placed too much strain in the connection to the tablet. Needing an 11-pin mhl to DVI, or 11-pin mhl to hdmi, and maybe then use my hdmi to dvi adaptor, or buy a straight lead hdmi on one end to dvi on the other.
OR, interested if a hdmi to dvi could be plugged into a google Chromecast dongle to feed the dongle to my HP monitor. That is, Note Pro to chromecast to hdmi-dvi adaptor to monitor? Want to get a wide-screen result to my wide-screen HP monitor. I am in the land of Oz (down under) which has just had the Chromecast put on sale in this country.
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Edit: I now know the chromecast will only receive content from Apps, not the Note screen itself. Am now wondering if the Netgear Push2TV3000 might do the job (again would have to use a HDMI to DVI adapter between the Push and the monitor.

Also, am wondering whether, regardless of what I use, the difference between the Note Pro screen resolution and my HP w2207 monitor might still cause aspect ratio probs regardless??

Any suggestions, comments anyone?

Last edited:

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a comment regarding screen mirroring quality. I mirrored an HD movie the other day and while it looked fine on the Note it was dark on the TV. I finished the movie using Smart Link and the quality was the same on the TV as on the Tablet....much better than mirroring

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site

I bought the Samsung MHl adapter and it will not work with my Note 12.2 on my Vizio. Works with note3, and 10.1 2014. I bought my daughter an S4 off swappa and the guy included another MHL adapter with the phone. It weighs twice what the one I bought from Amazon does. I plugged in my 12.2 and it works flawlessly with the Vizio. At least my tv is not broke! Besides the weight difference, I have no idea....they look identical.

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Your setting on your TV [source] must be set to screen mirroring. The wifi must also be enabled on both devices. Make sure note and tv have the latest samsung screen mirror or link app.

braunyaur

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
When searching for this issue (sm-t800 unable to start mirroring because of a hardware issue) on sm-t800 (Galaxy Tab S 10.5), this is a recurring return, so am posting here for other tab s users in hopes it finds them.

Also hoping it helps others out there as well.

Device -
Kernel 3.4.39-2010469
Build KOT49H.T800XXU1ANFB
SE = Enforcing

Rooted 3 months ago using "CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5" and Odin 3.9 to run XPrivacy.

Purchased NetGear PTV3000 yesterday and immediately updated firmware to 2.4.53 NP before attempting to connect any device to it.

Using Rooted Verizon Droid MAXX 4.4 / 19.5.3 / Build SU2-3, Connected without a hitch.
Using Tab, received the error "unable to start mirroring because of a hardware issue"
Research on net not so complete for Tab S, but did see 4 things I could try -
1 - Change HDMI port
2 - Reset PTV3000
3 - Modify build.prop to disable HDCP
4 - Unroot Tab

Step 1 -
Fail
Step 2 -
Fail
Step 3 -
Skip - Wanted to try unroot first, but had modified .prop file waiting.
Step 4 -
Booted my device to Download mode, and was verifying unroot steps, when I decided to reboot and backup data. Device wouldn't turn off by holding power, or any combination of 3 buttons, so I connected to computer, and launched ADB to run a reboot. "Device not found" message.
Launched Odin to see if I could connect. Success.
Only way to reboot was to issue a patch command, so with the original "CF_AutoRoot_Port_T800_BeansTown106.tar.md5" file designated, ran the root. Success!
Device rebooted, and tried screenmirroring again..Success!
Power cycled and tried again...Success!
Verify Root - Success!
Verify Maxx screenmirror...Success!

So, it was either the factory reset on the dongle, or the "refresh" of the original root, but I did not have to change my build.prop file.
If you have this issue with the sm-T800, and have used the AutoRoot above, just run it again and see if you're functioning (after the reset of the PTV3000 is verified unsuccessful).

Good luck! Hope this helps someone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay