Apps abruptly closing

michelle0714h

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Note Pro a little over a month ago. The last few days several apps (Facebook is one) abruptly close mid-use. I've tried removing and re-installing offending apps. I've tried clearing the cache and data of same apps. Samsung support chat says only option is to reset the dang tablet, which I am loathe to do. Any other suggestions?

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you do a soft reset? Sometimes that will fix a lot of problems. That is constantly happening to my kindle app, drives me nuts!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Power off the device, hold the home button and volume up button while depressing the power button. Release the buttons once the splash screen comes up. The recovery menu should appear. Volume down to the clear cache option and then hit power to select it. Once that is complete the reboot option should be selected, hit power again to reboot.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
You know, I find that the Facebook app really, really sucks. I've had nothing but problems with it on my phone and my tablet. I simply removed it from my phone as I hardly ever FB from my phone, and with this tablet I have a much better option:
Uninstall the app and forget about it.
Then go to Facebook through your browser and create a shortcut.
Because of the size of your screen you really don't need the app format anyway, Facebook works way better accessing the website as you would from your PC, and I discovered that when you do that, you save a ton of battery life. The Facebook app is a battery hog.
I do this with most of the websites and forums I visit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde