Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muzzy996
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any Verizon LTE Note Pro owners out there ?

Was just wondering if there are any Note Pro 12.2 LTE owners out there if yes, how has been your experience with the tablet and what are you using it for on a day to day basis?
    I own the LTE Verizon Note Pro. Frankly speaking I have not taken it out of the house even once. I prefer my note 10.1 in those situations as it is more portable.
    With the full Logitech keyboard and a mouse I can definitely use the tablet as a laptop replacement for casual browsing and love gaming on the device using the Moga controller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Default Re: Any Verizon LTE Note Pro owners out there ?

I have one and use it about everyday. I use it at work with Evernote to keep track of my projects. I also use it for Web surfing as the large size fives me the full Web page. I also have a note 8 and although I did like it, I gave it to my son who really loves it and keeps him pretty occupied. I love the note pro, but yes the larger size makes it a little more cumbersome than the smaller sized ones, but I really like it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I've been using mine for a month. I travel for work every week. I have successfully left my Ultrabook at home and turned on so that I can access my offline mail folders if needed. I use both Hancom and Kingsoft office as there are some documents that will work on one and not the other.

The main weekness I have is that I have about 5 years worth of offline mail folders which contain attachments which I occasionally require and there's no easy way to store that 10gb .pst file on the Tab. Some day I'll create smaller PST files and move them over to the Tablet for use with Viewit.

So other than that, I've completely divorced myself from my laptop.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I don't have a need to use any of my mobile devices for work, though I do at times because I want to. On the Note Pro, I occasionally view email and sign documents. I have also done these same activities in my personal life. I primarily use the Note Pro for gaming and some video viewing and web surfing. I do like the Note Pro over the Note 10.1 for the times where I do write using S Note, as the additional space makes writing on the Note Pro more comfortable than writing on the Note 10.1.

I do carry both of my Note tablets with me to work every day, but I carry a lot of stuff with me anyway in my rolling laptop bag (no laptop though!).
    Thanked by:

I have the Verizon LTE Note Pro and I take it everywhere with me. For work or for fun, I can easily shove it into a tote bag or a backpack, portability is never a problem.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thoughthalo View Post
    Was just wondering if there are any Note Pro 12.2 LTE owners out there if yes, how has been your experience with the tablet and what are you using it for on a day to day basis?
    I own the LTE Verizon Note Pro. Frankly speaking I have not taken it out of the house even once. I prefer my note 10.1 in those situations as it is more portable.
    With the full Logitech keyboard and a mouse I can definitely use the tablet as a laptop replacement for casual browsing and love gaming on the device using the Moga controller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Usefulness is subjective so no one will fault you for preferring the 10.1 for your daily driver outside of home. I don't necessarily think that LTE vs Wifi is relevant either mind you; personally I use my Wifi tablet much like I would had it been an LTE device, I simply auto-tether it via bluetooth so that I get internet wherever I go, so it's essentially the same thing as an LTE tab IMO.

I love how the Note Pro fits both personal and work life for me. Each evening I spend chatting in one window and surfing the web or watching a movie or YouTube. For work I frequently pull the tablet out in meetings to take notes in Papyrus which I have synced with my Dropbox account. Just yesterday I had a meeting regarding a temporary bridge project and I was able to pull up USGS stream gage data for the stream in one window, Hancom Hcell in another and do a log pearson analysis in an excel spreadsheet I had pulled off of the web during the meeting to determine flood discharges for various recurrence intervals in order to make some educated guesses on anticipated flood elevations. Quite a nifty little device.
    Thanked by:
    GANote3 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    Usefulness is subjective so no one will fault you for preferring the 10.1 for your daily driver outside of home. I don't necessarily think that LTE vs Wifi is relevant either mind you; personally I use my Wifi tablet much like I would had it been an LTE device, I simply auto-tether it via bluetooth so that I get internet wherever I go, so it's essentially the same thing as an LTE tab IMO.

I love how the Note Pro fits both personal and work life for me. Each evening I spend chatting in one window and surfing the web or watching a movie or YouTube. For work I frequently pull the tablet out in meetings to take notes in Papyrus which I have synced with my Dropbox account. Just yesterday I had a meeting regarding a temporary bridge project and I was able to pull up USGS stream gage data for the stream in one window, Hancom Hcell in another and do a log pearson analysis in an excel spreadsheet I had pulled off of the web during the meeting to determine flood discharges for various recurrence intervals in order to make some educated guesses on anticipated flood elevations. Quite a nifty little device.
    Thanks for the response. One thing is for sure, i would love to have multitasking capability added to apps such as netflix, hulu and xfinity. Not sure if that would happen anytime soon though

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

There are a limited number of apps that multi window on the stock gng however if your root, there is an app that allows almost all apps to be in multi window.

Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by GANote3 View Post
    There are a limited number of apps that multi window on the stock gng however if your root, there is an app that allows almost all apps to be in multi window.

Thanks for that. Wasn't knowing that would help.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Yes, that is one advantage to rooting, I haven't bought myself to do it on the gnp, but did it on my note 8 and the multi window app works great!

I've had mine since the day it was released. I like it a lot but I find Kitkat to be really buggy. Lots of issues with battery charging, short battery life, system program and applications that can't be stopped and that consume battery life, etcetera.