Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VPN connected but no application able to connect.

Hi all,

I am now very frustrated, after paying a lot for my LTE version, now I am unable to connect using VPN. The same VPN works fine on my iPad, galaxy s2, my cheap android TV box, but not on my expensive Note Pro. Just yesterday I found received my Launch Edition package, after testing my case I found out that when the case is opened and flipped to the back, the magnetic side of the front cover touches the backside of the cover. As a result, the Note switches off - I have written to support but till now no response. Today I realized that VPN is not even possible even if it successfully connected. I have Kitkat version 4.4.2 and when I tried to update, it says there is no update available for my Note. Is it a Kitkat problem or galaxy note?

Has any one same problem or is it just me? Should I just send the trash back or what?

Please help.

Default Re: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VPN connected but no application able to connect.

Are any of these issues what you are experiencing? http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03...-some-of-them/

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VPN connected but no application able to connect.

Thanks for the Info. It seems that the problem lies on my Kitkat version. I hope they fix this on time.

Yes since this is marketed as a business tablet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I seem to be the only one with this problem. There was an update for my Note Pro 12.2 about 2 days ago but the problem remains. Anyone experiencing this? Please I would like to know.

same with my Note Pro 12.2. VPN connects but no data goes thru the tunnel
    Samsung support do not know what it is.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Angry Re: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - VPN connected but no application able to connect.

Samsung support team here in Germany do not know what the problem really is but they suspect Kitkat version is faulty. Its over four months now, still waiting patiently for an update to fix Multi-Window, VPN and external SD card issues. I am sick and tired of the two giant and wired manufacturers. I ran away from iPad for some reasons and now facing trivial ones on galaxy note pro.

Problems that I am still facing:
    - The original samsung cover still faulty. This makes reading in portrait mode difficult. I'm now forced to place a mouse pad between the covers to avoid contact - for that price tag this should not have happened - maybe they should change their testing team.
    - Multi-Window feature supports only a handful of apps.
    - VPN is still not working.
    - External SD card issues - many apps are denied writing and reading, it doesn't make sense.
    - Some or all of these problems have been fixed in custom ROMs or resolved by apps that require root, but if I dare, I'll forfeit warranty.

Some of the reasons I decided to go for Note 12.2 was the Multi-Window, external SD and S-Pen (which were missen on iPad). With such price-tag no one should have to root or flash anything to get a justifiable experience. All they care about is our money. It doesn't matter what these two manufacturers sell to you - one way or the other one gets frustrated - just like I once was when my iMac 27', early 2011 quad core, was denied airplay by giving implausible excuses that were defied by other third party software. Anyway, may be next time I should save my money.
    Last edited by Adoga; 08-20-2014 at 02:45 PM.