Can somebody test Flash / Amazon video for me?

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the Dolphin web browser, Jetpack and Flash 11.1.115.81 installed on my Galaxy Note Pro. Until the night before last, I was able to stream Amazon videos in my library with no problems. Beginning Tuesday night, I could not. I can get to the black Amazon screen where the video should play, but all I get is the "loading" message and five blinking dots. I've waited as long as ten minutes, I've stopped all other applications, restarted the tablet, and cleared memory. I've also killed the download app. I called Amazon customer service and they told me that even though their Video On Demand service is working fine on PC's and televisions, that they've "had some outages". I have no idea what that means.

If you happen to have the same Dolphin/Flash configuration and an Amazon VOD account can I impose on you to give it a try and see if it works on your tablet?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It still works in my note 3 using Firefox

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
If you're asking me about downloading the flash player, the answer is yes. I had done that and everything was working fine. Actually, I have the same software configuration on my Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. They both stopped playing Amazon video on demand on Tuesday evening and nothing I can do will make it play again. Anybody out there have the same configuration on a Galaxy Note Pro or perhaps a Galaxy Note 3?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It worked as of yesterday (Thursday afternoon) for me on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 but I use Firefox

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Using Firefox Beta and non-Kitkat flash player on both GN3 and GNP. You sometimes also have to install Firefox Aurora in order to get it to work on Firefox Beta....then u can remove Aurora...have no idea why.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean install of Flash straight from Adobe's Flash archive site (the modified kitkat one that was floating around in another thread was pulled by Google it seems) and clean install of Firefox Beta.

I was able to log into prime and with the request desktop version selection in the menu on firefox i could watch a TV show. Performance as usual with Flash on mobile was crap when it came to interacting with the controls but the video was playable if left alone.

I'll stick with playing video files . . this flash video stuff is not worth my time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome