Helllllp!.... I'm having a blonde moment of titanical proportions

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I was on a job. Taking notes using S Notes and my S pen. Got home, looked for my notes, saw that they were on S notes and Evernotes so I clicked save and it saved on my clipboard. Deleted from S notes, realized that also deleted from Evernotes!!! And now I can't find a way to access my clipboard, wtf?!
How do I retrieve my notes from my clipboard? Please? I'm panicking here, this is a huge job! :eek::confused::(

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm in deep doodoo. I opened a text and access the clipboard by holding the microphone key at the bottom of the keyboard. But while I can see the page I saved, I looks dark and I cannot retrieve it or access it in any way. Aww man I'm in real trouble now. :(

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you opened snote and held down with your finger until paste pops up and tried pasting?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you opened snote and held down with your finger until paste pops up and tried pasting?

Nothing happens when I hold my finger down... WTH is happening to my Note Pro???

EDIT: I tried it again and what I got was properties, cut, copy and delete. No paste. :(

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thats why the transition was strange for me on a tablet you had to get an app which serves as the trash bin to recover things... maybe theres another way.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been on it all afternoon long to no avail... I think it's hopelessly lost. I can't begin to tell you the trouble I'm in, now. I rely on my notes 100% for work, this is a catastrophe.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. It's the issue reproducible? I'm wondering how your note wasn't saved.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought the snote was automated backup unless you are in multi window mode? You also said Evernote. Have you tired searching Evernote for any of the words in your notes? Sometimes I do not see a note, but when I search for it, it comes up.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried that, nothing came up. I am flabbergasted.

su4uvypy.jpg

Using a file explorer, go to s note data, as seen in the picture. If it did auto save, or you saved it with a name, you should be able to see it here. If you did not name it, it should have saved by date name, which I circled in pic below.

amaqabe8.jpg

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I was on a job. Taking notes using S Notes and my S pen. Got home, looked for my notes, saw that they were on S notes and Evernotes so I clicked save and it saved on my clipboard. Deleted from S notes, realized that also deleted from Evernotes!!! And now I can't find a way to access my clipboard, wtf?!
How do I retrieve my notes from my clipboard? Please? I'm panicking here, this is a huge job! :eek::confused::(

Hopefully this will work for you. Access Evernote via the web version - NOT a client version such as Windows, etc. On the web version there will be a Trash folder that should show the deleted note even if you deleted it via SNotes. Within that trash copy of the note you can either get what you need there or click the "Restore Note" button. If you restore the note and then sync Evernote and SNotes, your note should be availale again via both SNote and Evernote client apps.

I just went through this cycle as a test and it all worked.

Good luck!

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually... it looks liked the Windows client has the trash folder too. I didnt realize that. If you don't find it there then this is a mystery to me.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Fastcarve, you are a freaking genius!!!! OMG thankyouthankyouthankyou, you just saved my ****!!!
The notes are all there intact. WOW. You rock. Seriously, thanks a million, I can't begin to explain how much you've helped.
*picks jaw off floor* :D

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So the lesson to be learned for the rest of us is that once S-Notes is synced with Evernote then the sync truly means that if one deletes a note it's trashed on both sides?

Luckily theres a trash folder in Evernote. I wonder what would have happened if the deletion occurred before evernote did any syncing with the cloud.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So the lesson to be learned for the rest of us is that once S-Notes is synced with Evernote then the sync truly means that if one deletes a note it's trashed on both sides?

Luckily theres a trash folder in Evernote. I wonder what would have happened if the deletion occurred before evernote did any syncing with the cloud.

I was really freaking out, I could have lost that job and it would have had huge consequences. Lesson learned: I now can use Evernotes without fear, lol.

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad it all worked out. You were pretty clear that those notes were important to you.

I'm also making a shift to taking all of my notes on the Note Pro as opposed to paper. I started with SNotes and have changed to LectureNotes.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I need to set up drop sync though for lecturenotes. It's too bad they don't natively support cloud storage yet.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell me the difference between Evernotes and Lecture Notes? Why do you like it better? *I might as well learn, while I'm at it, lol*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz