Writing and bumping buttons

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay I have dealt with this issue for quite sometime both on the note 8 and this beast. When I am handwriting in an app such as lecturenotes or papyrus, if I have the gnp in the default landscape position, I rest my wrist on the screen. Now with palm rejection my note taking is fine, but sometimes my wrist will bump either the home button or one of the capacitive buttons. Not sure if anyone else has this issue.

Now my fix for this is to turn the gnp so that the buttons are along the top edge or I turn it so that it is in portrait mode like a pad of legal paper. This works pretty well most of the time except sometimes if I need to press one of the buttons I get them mixed up due to the different orientation that I am now in.

If anyone else has this issue, how do you deal with it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The same way you do, by turning the gnp upside down. I haven't found another way to overcome the problem. I use Lecturenotes a lot, and I've become used to the reversed buttons. I have my buttons lit up all the time, so it's always obvious which one is which even in low light conditions.

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

fastcarve

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't currently seem to have this problem - at least with LectureNotes. I think it comes down to three things:

1. I got in the habit of having the stylus come close to the surface of the tablet before my palm. If I went palm first as I do with pen and paper I had all kinds of problems with unintended zooming or button activations.
2. The recent apps and back buttons become inactive when the stylus is close enough that you can see the hover indicator. I guess I just normally have it close enough. This leave only the home button working.
3. I have a glass screen protector. A perhaps unintended benefit of this is that it raises the writing surface and thus lowers the amount the home button extends above it. I think this is a factor in me not accidentally pressing the home button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781