Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Otg cable question

I attached it to my note 12.2 with a USB pen drive attached and all the files came up. My word files from my mac were read by hancom word and saved. GREAT. But I gather you can't SAVE FROM the tablet TO the OTG attached device, Is that correct or am I missing something?

Default Re: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Otg cable question

That has to do with Android 4.4. They have locked down how apps can handle external drives like the micro SD card. Now I have now used an external drive, but I have used es file Explorer to move files to and from the micro SD card. I think that app was updated to work with 4.4. You can download it from the play store and see if it let's you copy to and from the hard drive.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Galaxy Note Pro 12.2: Otg cable question

I take the sd card out before I move things to the ext drive so it isn't confused on where to go.Before I did that, it was confused so didn't move anything. I don't use any special app just what came with the device and have had no problems moving stuff. However I move my kindle books, google play movies etc to the drive. The problem is which programs will let you move stuff from internal memory. Because kitkat won't let apps interact with others like in the past with the permissions, etc., some have not upgraded the apps to work around that. Before kitkat you couldn't move google movies to the external card or drive, now you can. That was my biggie so I am happy with how things are working now for the most part. I do wish android/google would realize that you need the ext card or drives to store stuff since they don't give you more memory. Not everyone can use their cloud based stuff as easily as others can so they need the cards/drives to compensate.
    Thanked by: