Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Multi-screen keeps flipping from landscape mode to portrait mode

Just got mine yesterday. So far liking it mostly for the multi-screen and size-wise it's like have four Note 3's side by side. Using basically for home automation so can control TV, Lights, Sonos and follow NBA scores all at once. One thing bothering me is it seems to keep switching the multi-screens orientation from landscape to portrait and back again even though I'm holding it still horizontally. I turned off the screen rotation but that won't stop it rotating in multi-screen mode. I tried turning on the eye orientation setting and that reduced it somewhat but not totally. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps mine is defective and I should exchange it?

Default Re: Multi-screen keeps flipping from landscape mode to portrait mode

Are you using a case, if so does the issue happen with the case removed?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    Are you using a case, if so does the issue happen with the case removed?

I was using the Samsung case. It seems to be calming down so more intermittent. Not sure if it is the case or not, have you heard of the case causing problems. Seems like certain apps when in a small window when clicked want to turn certain orientation even when rotation is turned off.

Yeah the variation in the strength of the magnets used in cases to assist in both the on/off functionality when the cover is opened and to assist in keeping the cover closed has some weird effects on the tablet.

Some experience response issues with the capacitive buttons and home button for example. For me I noticed that with my Belkin book cover case that if I flip the cover completely in back I experience issues with the sensitivity of the stylus in some areas of the screen.

It's worth exploring.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

I have a feeling that it also has to with certain apps. Like in my iPad, certain apps are made for mobile and not tablets. I have certain apps that seems to do that while other apps has no affect.

I could be wrong.

Posted via Android Central App