Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

165 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Note 12.2 Keyboard and mouse operation

Hi all, is anyone running a Verizon version and the Zagg and Samsung s-mouse? or any keyboard and Samsung S mouse configuration.

I've been having some bluetooth issues where the mouse will freeze and then neither the mousre or keyboard will work until I turn off the Note's BT and reconnect.

Also of interest is that my keyboard will repeat keys as if it's stuck if I'm wearing my Samsung Gear watch....really weird.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

73 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default Re: Note 12.2 Keyboard and mouse operation

I have similar issues though I'm not using the Samsung mouse. I have a Logitech mouse and three different bluetooth keyboards. Occasionally I'll lose the bluetooth connection to the mouse and keyboard until I toggle bluetooth.

I used to use one of the keyboard/mouse combinations on another Samsung tablet and never had the problem.

I also have the Zagg keyboard and it will occasionally have the key repeating issue though I don't have the Gear. I have two logitech keyboards including the folio keyboard case and neither has given me the repeating key behavior.

I am using an HP keyboard and Microsoft mouse and have similar issues with double characters when typing. I chalk it up to asking an awful lot from a processor really designed just for the tablet. We're essentially trying to make it into a laptop. (If that were possible, Flash would work on it. )

Posted via Android Central App

It has nothing to do with the cpu or "asking" the device to be a laptop. I have a notebook which has the exact same specs/hardware as does one of my tablets and the stutter/character repeat is due to devices conflicting because of hz frequencies. The notebook does not stutter due to the OS being supportive-driver wise, for a keyboard w/trackpad, or bluetoothed peripherals. The tablet stutters when using the keyboard due to the OS using bluetooth/wifi modules in a different fashion. The stutter will not occur if using an otg dongle coupled with a wired device, or if otg is not needed, with a wired device, OR a keyboard/mouse combo with its own dongle(w/otg if needed). Bluetooth is shared with the wifi module, usually, so this results in conflicts. Flash is relative to browser function sometimes and works on tablets with an OS that supports flash addons, and flash content in "general". Tablets are laptops, without the peripherals, so they are coming without support features due to not usually needed support for such things as a keyboard/mouse, etc. Windows tablets do not have the character repeat/stutter because they are configged/supportive of peripherals. So if it was a case of asking the device to be something it is not, the win devices and a lot of older mac devices(tablet wise) would not work with the endless array of keyboard/mouse addons you can buy so you can have 1 device, that can be used in 2 different fashions.

I forgot to add, many earlier tablets with early versions of Droid came supportive of keyboards and such, and worked flawlessly. The idea, market wise, is to have tablets not be all inclusive and user friendly, so that multiple devices manufactured by that same company, can market mult. items to the consumer. If a tablet could easily be used as a notebook/pc and a phablet as well, many people might just buy 1 device. Having devices that are locked down, to be used as only one device means we need more than one "item" if no hybrid/convertible alternative device is available. This is why, more and more tablets cannot be hooked to ext monitors easily, and do not have much in the way of peripheral expansion. Many are now coming with no HDMI support, or expandable memory options. This causes the consumer to seek out alternatives which are now tailered, expensively to add these features. Look at a tablet or phablet, which could easily handle hidef output and gaming (to ext monitor) which COULD be used as a main docked media hub as well as all inclusive work etool(running a myriad of office apps and progs), and you will find, many only have one input/output outlet/inlet and all storage is to be done in the cloud. This is to keep these devices locked to specific consumer wants and needs.

I don't have the Verizon version, but I do use an older Logitech BT keyboard and a BT mouse I bought on ebay for $8.08 (shipping included). Both work flawlessly.

My Logitech Pro keyboard for the Note Pro 12.2 works great. Even if I leave it for a day, once I turn on my tablet, it works. Also, I was using an HP4000 bt mouse that worked fine. However, I recently bought an S mouse and it works even better. No disconnect problems. From Amazon, I purchased a portable keyboard called Sparin that works very well.

When I used the Saprin and HP mouse with my Note 10.1 2014, there would be disconnects that got very annoying. Fortunately, with my new (refurbished) Note Pro 12.2, my keyboard and mice work great.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Logitech keyboard / case paired first time every time until last week. Won't pair at all now. A logitech mini mouse is still fine.