Note 12.2 incredible workhorse

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For more than a week, some 7 hours a day I've been writing on the 12.2 with hancom word. It's just fantastic. I've been using the bluetooth samsung s action mouse and the slim, light Bluetooth samsung keyboard. It's 1000 times better than my macbook air that I sold. Battery time is fantastic. Screen is brilliant. I really have to say it's the best piece of technology I've had in a long time.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
For more than a week, some 7 hours a day I've been writing on the 12.2 with hancom word. It's just fantastic. I've been using the bluetooth samsung s action mouse and the slim, light Bluetooth samsung keyboard. It's 1000 times better than my macbook air that I sold. Battery time is fantastic. Screen is brilliant. I really have to say it's the best piece of technology I've had in a long time.

Yes, Samsung Note Pro12.2 is incredibly a good device for carrying out professional activities.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
While I find Hancom word to be a very good product it does not support the .docm format. With lots of custom made templates with macros this is a real issue for me.
I am using the Logitech keyboard/case which is top notch in quality of the keyboard but it doesn't have standard F keys which makes using a .docm template difficult.
So I am still finding my laptop a better option at present. The keyboard can easily be replaced with a more standard format Logitech keyboard but until Hancom can work with .docm documents or MS comes out with a Android tablet version of Office my laptop doesn't have to worry about being replaced.

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I love my this tablet. Owned it not quite 2 weeks yet. One issue though. I am in graduate school. When the instructor post back online my papers with comments I normally click the link and it downloads and opens in Office. On the tablet it does this with Hancom but all I see is a bunch of letters and numbers. My paper with comments isn't readable for some reason. The format it shows before download is doc. Any suggestions?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my this tablet. Owned it not quite 2 weeks yet. One issue though. I am in graduate school. When the instructor post back online my papers with comments I normally click the link and it downloads and opens in Office. On the tablet it does this with Hancom but all I see is a bunch of letters and numbers. My paper with comments isn't readable for some reason. The format it shows before download is doc. Any suggestions?

Thats the major downfall of Hancom Word. It does not support track changes or the commenting features found in Microsoft Word. IMO this really hurts the professional part of the Note Pro though I do recognize that for many the featureset of the Hancom programs is a far cry better than anything else on Android right now. I'm sure I'm not the only professional out there who collaborates on documents and needs the ability to provide comment feedback or accept/reject changes made by myself or others.

Not sure what other options are out there. As far as I know MS Office for Android tablets is still not out yet and there's no ETA.

Microsoft confirms it's making Office for Android tablets, too - GeekWire

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not so sure about the Far Cry thing as I really like Office Suite Pro. So I suggest since Hancom isn't getting it done for you and Microsoft Office probably won't be released for Android until Nov/Dec that you download and try Office Suite. They should have a free version or trial.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I should have read LHP's post in better detail. Didn't realize that it was more about COMMENTS as opposed to track changes. My apologies.

@LaShonda Hodges-Parker: I tested a document with edits in track chagnes again as well as comments. Comments do show up in HWord but not track changes. Perhaps your issue with comments (if it really is just comments that you're looking for) is limited to the files you're being passed from PCs. I'd suggest trying some test files and see if perhaps changing file format (my test files were in Word 2007 .docx format) is an issue. For HWord a section of text in a document that has a comment will be highlighted. A long press on the highlighted text will give you the option to Show All Comments at which point a popup will appear showing the comment in a window allowing you to view the comment in the context of your document. You're unable to scroll in the document though so if your current view doesn't allow you to see more text to get a good handle on context you're out of luck.

On the advice of the two gentlemen above I also installed Office Suite Pro trial. Again comments do show up there as well as highlighted text but no track changes for me. Again a long press on the highlighted text will bring up an options menu (a row of icons will apear, the left most of which is for comments). Once you long press a commented area and select the comment icon the app completely hides the original document and displays the comment in a new window. It's not ideal but it works so my second suggestion is give the Office Suite Pro trial a try and see if the comments show up for you. There's a possibility that it has better support for file formats.

@mickeylittle777 & PlanetPluto7 - thanks for the tip on Office Suite Pro. Doesn't suit my needs but its nice that the options are out there.

Open to other suggestions on office type products that support track changes if anyone has them.