Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD card stopped reading

After copying a big directory onto my sd card I used the tablet for another hour. Then I picked it up and moved it and it rebooted itself and now will no longer read my sdcard. Adata is the brand and I tried to put it to my laptop to do a chkdsk but it doesn't see it! Please help! I dont want to format !

Default Re: SD card stopped reading

Sounds like it corrupted, not sure you can do much when it is corrupted. I am not familiar with Adata brand.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In the past when it has gotten corrupted the laptop could still see it and fix it. Now it wont even see it

That is not good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

You might want to try Sandisk RescuePro on a Windows machine. They have a free download that will give you enough info to see if it can see the card and files. If it can see the stuff, you would need to buy a license to actually recover more than a few files.

I've used it before to recover files from a corrupt card and it worked perfectly. It just depends on if the loss is worth paying for the software.

There are other similar programs out there and sometimes one will work in a specific situation where another doesn't, so you might try searching for other similar card recovery programs.