Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bill-e
  • 1 Post By bill-e
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard

Today I received my Samsung keyboard from B&H Photo.

I also have the ZAGG which I like very much.

First impressions are that I like the way it looks, it types well but I have to get used to the different function keys.

Physically it is a very substantial keyboard weighing in at 1 pound (vs the ZAGG at 9.5oz) and unlike the ZAGG is not flexible so it will afford some amount of protection to the screen. The tablet with the keyboard installed as a cover is 1/16" thicker than the ZAGG

It also separates from the tablet much easier, not having to stick your finger in between the keyboard and tablet and them work your way to each end. Instead with the tablet laying down, just grab the tablet in the middle of its bottem edge while holding one rear corner of the case and lift it out. Simple and no prying.

And it's back side is the same faux leather with stiching as on the tablet (with feet)...nice

Battery time is rated the same. Bluetooth is version 3.0 (cant find what version the ZAGG is) and paired up easily.

The keyboard is a bit easier to type on as it has a full size shift key on the right though it has no ctrl key that side.

I'm OK with the fact that it doesn't have dedicated app keys for mail, internet and calendar as those keys on the ZAGG opened up the wrong programs (for me) anyway

What I do miss is the battery check key on the ZAGG. If there's a way to check the battery on the Samsung I havent found it yet.

The Samsung has 16 keys across the top vs 17 on the ZAGG. Additionally the function key will enable F1-F12 on those same keys (no function keys on the ZAGG). These function keys are defined by the individual apps. (F1 in Hword opens up web based help as an example)

The Samsung has keys for HOME and BACK and MENU but doesnt have any edit keys like the ZAGG. Instead it has Brightness and Multiwindow. Like the ZAGG it has volume and media play buttons.

The rest of the functions you can read about in the manual. I scanned it and zipped it as it is nowhere to be found online.

I will need to use it for a few more days to see if I have the same bluetooth issues with it as I do with the ZAGG. Stay tuned....
    Last edited by bill-e; 05-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    Thanked by:
    beh 
    beh and ccpopham like this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard

Some pics
    Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk1.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk2.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk3.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk4.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk5.jpg
    This one attempts to show how the Samsung on the right is thicker than the ZAGGSamsung Galaxy Note Pro Bluetooth Keyboard-sk6.jpg
    Thanked by 3:
    geekaren likes this.

How do you like it so far? I bought the Logitech keyboard case and I have no complaints

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

So far I like it better than the ZAGG because the BT integration is better. With the ZAGG you can out type the keyboard (though it will catch up) but with the Samsung you cant. I haven't had any of the repeating key issues with the Samsung but I did have one BT lockup...though with the Zagg it wsd one or two a day

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk
    beh

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Unfortunately, Samsung has them on backorder (at least in black). I will just have to wait. I tried the ZAGG and didn't like it. I have the Logitech and it is a lovely piece of gear but it is heavy, and one must take care not to dislodge the tablet from it. So, did I mention, I am waiting.
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Get on the pre order list with B&H, that's what I did and then received one and they were on pre order again. Apperntly they go in and right out of stock.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

And on the BT saga, I had my first repeat keys with the Samsung today and guess what, I was wearing my Galaxy Gear watch so now I'm sure it is the culpret with both the ZAGG and Samsung.