Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By uhisthisonetaken
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backing Not Flush With Surface

The leather back has some "give" to it if I push on it in certain spots. It is not flat with the back of the tablet, and I can push it in a little bit. It doesn't affect the tablet operating (obviously) but kills my OCD. Anybody else's leather backing not flush with the surface? Wondering if mine got warped somehow.

-----

PS, I apologize for my username, I went to sign up and saw I already had an account, apparently I signed up a while ago and had gotten frustrated with names that were already taken.
    bill-e likes this.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: Backing Not Flush With Surface

Sounds like a defect to me, return it if possible.

Sent from My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905V using Tapatalk

It's certainly not an iPad2 . . . the plastic backing is thin and not glued to the components inside so when you press around on various areas of the back surface it does indeed flex a little. If I press on mine about a half-inch below the samsung logo for example I observe some give of perhaps a half millimeter or so. Not an issue for me, this thing's in a case most of the time.

If it's visibly warped when laid back up on a table then that's a different issue and as bill-e says perhaps warrants a return.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
    It's certainly not an iPad2 . . . the plastic backing is thin and not glued to the components inside so when you press around on various areas of the back surface it does indeed flex a little. If I press on mine about a half-inch below the samsung logo for example I observe some give of perhaps a half millimeter or so. Not an issue for me, this thing's in a case most of the time.

If it's visibly warped when laid back up on a table then that's a different issue and as bill-e says perhaps warrants a return.
    It is good to know that I am not the only one, however I wish you didn't have the issue too!

When laid flat on a table, one of the corners is raised up about a millimeter or two. I think this might be from the first day or two I had it and took it out of a case, and it was locked in so tight that I had to bend the tablet to get it out of the case.

I also noticed a small bump in the tablet on the backing, when feeling all over the surface, a few inches diagonal up/right from the samsung logo. It's like it is not perfectly flat underneath, probably why the back has some give to it. I hope it's not the battery bulging