Annoying notification number

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
One thing that I loved about my 12.2 was that it didn't have the irritating 'number of notifications' number on my folders, which drives me mad on my 10.1. My 12.2 has just installed an update and now I have those pesky numbers all over the place. I don't want to turn off notifications altogether, but I don't want or need the damn numbers. Is there any way, other than by rooting (ain't gonna happen) to get rid of them permanently?

Sent with love from one of my Samsungs

Attachments

• 1402065425123.jpg
    1402065425123.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 19

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you using TouchWiz? I use Nova Launcher and I don't have that, because I didn't download the number count plug in..

Sent from the yummy gum drop GN3..

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, by the looks of it, you would have to determine which app in the folder there is causing the notification. Did you install a new game recently? If so, it may be the culprit, or the recent app that was updated.

Go to: settings/general/application manager. Scroll over to "all" on the right. Look for the app you believe to be the culprit, and ensure that the "show notifications" box is unchecked.

Hope that helps, I dislike the notifications myself.....

Posted via Android Central App

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, by the looks of it, you would have to determine which app in the folder there is causing the notification.

It's not an issue with individual apps. I know which apps are causing the notifications. If I open the folder, each app with notifications has a number showing. This only started happening after a Samsung software update yesterday, so I know exactly what has caused it. I don't want to turn off notifications altogether, I just wondered if there was an easy way to undo this new 'improvement.'

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Yes. Numbers. You see the '2' in the red circle in the image I posted? That number. It didn't use to be there. After the Samsung software update yesterday I get this number showing on any app that has notifications, and any folder which contains apps that have notifications. This has always been the case on my 2014 10.1 but only appeared after the update on my 12.2

It's no biggie, just annoying.