Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mickeylittle777
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Default Wireless alternatives for screen mirroring from 12.2 to screen/projector HDMI?

I'm presently using my 1st gen Note 10.1 to show presentations from. A bit unpredictable in terms of aspect ration sometimes but works pretty well using my Samsung AllShare cast dongle EAD-T10
    This dongle is to my knowledge not compatible with the 12.2 Pro.

Is there another solution using wifi, bluetooth or some kind of wireless transmission of the screen? Any kind of app to control presentations from allowing you to go back an forth, take notes on screen. It would also be nice is you could save slides and screendumps with notes

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jorang; 06-13-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    JoranG

Default Re: Wireless alternatives for screen mirroring from 12.2 to screen/projector HDMI?

Quote Originally Posted by jorang View Post
    I'm presently using my 1st gen Note 10.1 to show presentations from. A bit unpredictable in terms of aspect ration sometimes but works pretty well using my Samsung AllShare cast dongle EAD-T10
    This dongle is to my knowledge not compatible with the 12.2 Pro.

Is there another solution using wifi, bluetooth or some kind of wireless transmission of the screen? Any kind of app to control presentations from allowing you to go back an forth, take notes on screen. It would also be nice is you could save slides and screendumps with notes

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure why it's not compatible as I use it all the time with my Note Pro 12.2.

Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black)

I have it plugged to my video source via HDMI and my tablet shows fantastic on the bigger screen.
    John Ball1 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Default Re: Wireless alternatives for screen mirroring from 12.2 to screen/projector HDMI?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.fullversionhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.fullversion
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeylittle777 View Post
    I'm not sure why it's not compatible as I use it all the time with my Note Pro 12.2.

Samsung WI-FI All-Share Cast Hub, Wireless HDMI Display Adapter (Black)

I have it plugged to my video source via HDMI and my tablet shows fantastic on the bigger screen.
    That's good news, and thanks for clarifying.

I just assumed it's not compatible since Note Pro 12.2 don't show up in the compatibility lists following the product. I have also read in som other forum that some struggles to get this working wirelessly.

Being able to use this tablet wirelessly to HDMI makes this combo quite handy. Today I use my 1st gen Note 10.1, but on a big screen the picture is quite pixelated (My Note has probably got 1024x768)
    I have been testing "Remote Pro Powerpoint Keynote" for presentations (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er.fullversion). This app shows main slide on projector screen and various alternatives for the Note - such as duplication of the main slide, next slide, speakers notes... Problem is that the annotations does not show up where you point your stylus, but at a mousepointer position relative to where you write.

Any accessories you would recommend for such use? Case, stylus...?
    Any apps/ software you find handy for screen mirroring - maybe also lecturing?
    Any recommendation for a dongle to convert from HDMI to VGA output from the EAD-T10? Aspect ratio problems?
    Do the battery have sufficient juice for a 6h lecture with the screen constantly on?
    Last edited by jorang; 06-20-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    JoranG

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I am going to use my Note Pro 12.2 for presentations also but I can't find the app. On my original Tab there is a "AllShare" icon for it listed in apps. Where is it on the 12.2?

Posted via Android Central App

Should be in the pull down bar, toggles, labeled as "Screen mirroring". Or settings/connections/ and at the bottom is the screen mirroring option.
    Sent from the Note3, or the big ol' 12.2 PRO

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Yes its in the pull down bar. Thanks. Still alot to learn about this Tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Screen Mirroring is also in Settings, Connections, Connect Share.