Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mount

Recommendations for a windshield or dashboard mount for MY GNP.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Mount

I don't have a recommendation, just wondering if it's legal to have a 12' device on windshield.

I f you type in "12 inch tablet mount for car" on Amazon, there are several that come up. Don't think you can mount in the windshield or dash because of the weight and size. The mounts that come up should be a pretty good alternative if you mount it in the right spot.

I can't imagine mounting a 12 inch tablet on the dash board. If mounting so that you can see it then it blocks your vision and would be illegal in U.S. If mounting so that it's flat on the dash then you will certainly have problems seeing it.

Depends on the state if it would be legal or not. May fall into the cell phone texting rules. I would think putting the 12.2 on the dash wouldn't be practical regardless because of it's size, etc. One of those floor mounts would probably be best all the way around. It isn't something I would do because it would just attract attention of the unwanted kind if you left it in the car plus if you get out and have to put it away in the trunk each time, too much trouble and if your car is being watched they would know where you put it. Those mounts tend to be enough of an advertisement in and of it's self.