Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chinobit
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default SPlanner

Is any one familiar with the SPlanner app? I was reading the Action Memo help section on my Note Pro 12.2 to see if it's possible to attach them to a calendar event and it says you can attach to SPlanner. I cannot find the app anywhere. I also have an S4 and apparently it's supposed to have SPlanner also. Not there either. Both are stock ROM running KitKat 4.4.2. Can anyone solve this mystery? 😱

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: SPlanner

S Planner is now simply the stock Calendar app. In Action memo you can choose the link to action icon and then choose tasks, which is the last icon, and it will bring you to your calendar tasks.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Thank you jpr but I don't see a link to action icon anywhere. I found a "share via" in the pull down menu. There are 24 choices there but no calendar. Can you help me a bit more?

Does your action memo look different than this? Mine is on the Note 3, not 12.2.

SPlanner-2014-06-18-13-14-04.jpg
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

It looks exactly the same and I figured out how to use the "link to". Thanks again.

Hi fatyank,
    What you ask was very intresting so I tried it myself and unfortunately I found out that there is an option to link a Memo to a task list (inside the Splanner) but I was hoping that we can link a Memo to the calendar as an event and not just as a task. For example, if I write a list such as:
    * suger
    * tomatoes... etc.
    Separate lines will be linked as separate tasks and you will Not get an option to set it as an Event in the calendar, But...
    If you write only one line in the Action Memo and link it to Task then, you will get an option to switch from Task to Event.
    All good so far but No! Cause the Task link is ment for tasks and not for scheduling in your calander (I wish it was!) So, when you do the switch to an Event... everything that your wrote on your Action Memo is not there and you need to rewrite the entire title of the event (not to mention that it can't distinguish the times of the event from the Action Memo).

What you asked is a great idea for developers,
    I wish Samsung would implement a scheduling link from the Action Memo.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    PlanetPluto7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chinobit View Post
    Hi fatyank,
    What you ask was very intresting so I tried it myself and unfortunately I found out that there is an option to link a Memo to a task list (inside the Splanner) but I was hoping that we can link a Memo to the calendar as an event and not just as a task. For example, if I write a list such as:
    * suger
    * tomatoes... etc.
    Separate lines will be linked as separate tasks and you will Not get an option to set it as an Event in the calendar, But...
    If you write only one line in the Action Memo and link it to Task then, you will get an option to switch from Task to Event.
    All good so far but No! Cause the Task link is ment for tasks and not for scheduling in your calander (I wish it was!) So, when you do the switch to an Event... everything that your wrote on your Action Memo is not there and you need to rewrite the entire title of the event (not to mention that it can't distinguish the times of the event from the Action Memo).

What you asked is a great idea for developers,
    I wish Samsung would implement a scheduling link from the Action Memo.

You can include your tasks in your calendar though. Check the box under Calendars in the calendar app. You can set a date for the tasks and you can set a reminder at a specific time.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Yes chinobit, I found the same. I would like to be able to attach it to a calendar event like a Post-It note would in a paper calendar. Action Memo is great cause you can pull it up anywhere, jot down what you want and save it. Maybe developers can make it happen.

I tried it:
    I pulled up action memo, wrote a task, linked it to "link to action", chose the last one on the right, set up a reminder and checked "high priority" and it is in my calendar. Cool.

Since I have multiple devices and computers I rely on Google calendars. It's been a long standing issue that android lacks an API to support attachments to calendar events. Even now, support for attachments for Google calendar within a web browser on a computer requires enabling a labs feature. Until support is made native to Google calendar it is doubtful that we will see a move to support attachments on mobile devices. The labs feature for the browser based calendar was created in 2010 and it seems like a work around which uses Google drive to store a shared file. Given that I wonder if anything will be done in the near future to support event attachments on mobile devices.

It seems like tasks in calendar with due dates is the only option for now.

Thanked by: