Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz or another launcher?

What do you use on your note 12.2?
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Default Re: Touchwiz or another launcher?

Personally, I can not stand any stock launcher. They are too restrictive. I replace them immediately. I prefer Apex.

I love lightning launcher

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

Same here. I have to admit that magazine ux was a draw for me but within 15 minutes I was disenchanted due to the lack of widgets and control over the feeds in the flipboard based widgets of the magazine.

I love Nova Prime. I've used apex in the past too but Nova currently wins out in my opinion with its ability to place items in sub-grid locations and the ability to disable padding for widgets. With these two functions one has the ability to stretch widgets to the point that they touch leaving no gaps. Additionally Nova recently added the "OK Google" hot word support when you're on the home screen. Add features like this plus others that are standard on many other custom launchers like gesture support, custom grid size, and widget overlap and it's impossible for me to ever go back to a stock launcher again.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

KitKat+ for me. I need the app dock that moves across all homescreens. Stock didn't have it. Still have touchwiz as an option but the magazine ux is not configuarable enough. KitKat+ has no problems but others did.

Here's a link to an example of my home screens with a description of how I set them up.

Post Your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Homescreens **Be Appropriate** - Post #29 - XDA

That thread has examples from several other contributors too that have some nice setups. I love threads like these since they give others ideas on how to improve their own workflows.
    Thanked by: