Poor video playback
I've had my tablet for three weeks now and love it, except for one problem. Video playback from most websites is horrible. The video has lines through it, stutters, jumps and is generally unwatchable.
YouTube is ok, but little else works. Videos on Facebook, several business websites I frequent. Most of the videos will play on my phone - a Samsung GS5 - so I don't understand why they won't play on the tablet. I'm using Chrome, for what it's worth.
I'm coming to the Pro from a Nexus 10, where I didn't have any problems playing video. Any ideas or suggestions?
And before the suggestion is made, no, it's not porn videos that I'm having trouble with.
- 06-24-2014, 04:34 PM #2
- 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM #3
- 06-24-2014, 08:34 PM #4
- 06-24-2014, 10:16 PM #5
- 918 Posts
Re: Poor video playback
Agree with mouseglider and mickeylittle777. Sometimes things are hit and miss because of the encoding of files so it's not as straightforward as saying that videos work with one and not the other. If it's adobe flash based though its unlikely to work in Chrome but other browsers like those mickeylittle777 recommended will do the trick.
I'm currently using Dolphin with their jetpack plugin and am having some success (not everything works perfectly, Amazon Prime is hit and miss for me). I may jump back to Boat though, its a good no-fuss browser.
- 07-03-2014, 12:12 PM #6
- By Malihali in forum Sony Xperia M2Replies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2014, 05:50 AM
- By QuadForce in forum Moto X (2014)Replies: 34Last Post: 07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
- By sirp328 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 10Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:08 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2014, 07:11 AM
- By nabil#AC in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:32 PM