R.I.P, Note Pro

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So this morning, I found a spider in the bathroom.
That thing was huge, it was what horror movies are made of.
I decided to take a picture... With my Note Pro. And it slipped out of my hands, hit the corner of the shower tiles full on the screen and shattered it.
I'm talking big impact hole and cracks everywhere, it wouldn't even turn on.

I had some decisions to make.
I loved my Note Pro, it was the coolest, baddest toy. But I had grown increasingly frustrated with Android and Google.
Also, after my Note 3 / Kitkat debacle, I didn't want to be forced into an update that would trash my device anyway.

So I jumped ship and did what I thought I would never do: I went back to iPad.
Got an iPad air this morning.
It's doesn't have the exotic cool factor of the Note Pro, but with Apple care, if I break my screen again, they'll replace it for 80 bucks.
I was told that it would take 350 bucks to repair the screen and the tablet (and they weren't even sure that was possible) and take up to 6 weeks, I'd have to send it in.

But I need a tablet for work, I use it all the time. So...

R.I.P, Note Pro. It was sweet while it lasted. :(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry for your loss. Please let us know if we can help in any way, with coping if you need someone to listen to you or someone to watch the children, etc.

Requiescat in pace.

Grimgrak

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Would have been the perfect time to get the surface pro 3 with the home care package you are allowed 2 screen drops for 100$

anon(46010)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I bought a Squaretrade warranty for my GNP for $125. Coverage for two years. Besides the serious stuff like a shattered screen, it even pays if the battery no longer holds a charge. If the GNP is no longer available, they'll replace it with the newer model.

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
That's the one thing I hate about summer in the south, is all the damn spiders.

Sorry to hear about the shattered screen. I don't use a case on mine, but also don't put it in any compromising positions or use it for photography. Are you happier with the Ipad Air than the Note Pro?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae