Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wallpaper problems, driving me insane.

I got my Verizon LTD NP a few days ago and I can't seem to get things right, I of course want to set my own wallpaper, but when I download the correct resolution size, 2560 x 1600 or even higher, it downloads fine and looks great in the gallery, but when I go to set it as the wallpaper, it significantly lowers the resolution and is blurry and grainy on the home screens. I can't seem to find anything like it for this tablet online, any help?

Default Re: wallpaper problems, driving me insane.

Try downloading multipicture livewallpaper from Google Play. Select that live wallpaper as your wallpaper and then use it to point to your image source.

You can also install and use nova launcher. Nova handles wallpaper much better than the standard touchwiz. It also allows you to set the crop sections for the portrait and landscape which eliminates the black bars at the top and bottom when in portrait mode.

I hated this at first too, it comes from touchwiz cropping the same wallpaper to fit in both landscape and portrait.

I use an app which allows a different wallpaper depending which way the tablet is rotated. That way, I can have 2560x1600 wallpaper for landscape and portrait, and it is never cropped.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...allpaper&hl=en